So god is Satan and Satan is god?

by Vachi 8 He Is 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

It seems to me that what we've come to know about god doesn't exactly fit with someone who is loving. First of all he's jealous but then why the surprise in the Cain and Abel story? Abel was a shepard of sheep and Cain was a farmer. god looked in favor at Abel but not Cain. Why? What did Abel really do besides let the animals do what they would've done (or reproduce) and then gather them together in a particular place? What is so god non-damned amazing about that? Cain actually had to put more work into producing fine fruit out of the cursed ground that god himself cursed. And at that point the vegetation served as food so why is it that if a person were to take an even more living thing like an animal and kill it, then it was acceptible to god? Did anyone ask the animal if they wanted to cease to exsist? PETA would've had a field day back then. He then asks Cain what he has done regarding murdering his brother, as if he didn't know that praising one over the other would result in this very thing. Hell he experienced it before with Satan. This seems sdrawkcab to me.

All this talk of unity within the cong seems futile when weighed against the tower of Babel story. What really could man have done at that tower? Even if they managed to get around the thinner air the higher they went issue, there's still the issue of regardless of how high they went they would never reach their goal of building it "to the heavens" or at least not to where god supposedly resides. Why then take issue enough to scramble the speech of people thus making it harder to communicate and spread the good news of the kingdom? This too is sdrawkcab.

Bible Satan actually told the truth about the tree of knowledge of good and bad. Untested we would not have known what bad was and therefore couldn't know what good was. It comes back to the not knowing what something is until you know what it's not saying. Also, why would you name a tree "The Tree of Life" if it bought about death to those who ate from it? Even if I were to say that the fruit itself wasn't harmful and that it was the principle of the thing, still "tree of life" is misleading. It's like that scene in Saw II where the word "EXIT" is painted on a door and when the guy tests the vaildity of the statement, they don't get through the door.

I mean, who is commanding worship? Who flips the script at the last second and says do as I say not as I do? Who has allowed people to get so convaluted in their thinking that multiple religions have stemmed from it (although this is something he wantsto/is gonna fix)? Who offs a few teenagers because they were stating the obvious about the prophet? He was bald and he was going up on a mountain. Who likewise for the same reason whacks a whole colliseum full of perpatrators and innocent bystanders alike because Samson asked for it to be so? From these I can only contend that god is the lie and Satan is the truth. Who wants to let us do what we want uninhibited? Who doesn't demand worship? If religion is the way out and many believe it is so then this would negate the whole "coming as a thief in the night" thing. Just my take.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I posted and asked the same question about naming the tree the tree of the knowledge of good and bad. If you name it that, what do you expect people to do? They are going to eat from it. The god from the Bible seems like a selfish, insecure, spoiled child. Kind of like the kid that demanded that you play ball the way he wanted, or he'd take his ball home. Kind? Loving? Just? Hardly!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

From my JWN profile:

Please measure your god against this scripture:
    ''He that does not love has not come to know God because God is love.'' 1 John 4:8 ******
    While doing that keep in mind 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 .*****

I measure anything in the Bible against those two scriptures. If it's not loving, it's not from God. With a god like Jehovah, who needs a Satan? Read the book Jehovah Unmasked.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

''You've got to believe in foolish miracles.''Ozzie.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Jehovah is a God of 'conditional love'. I think this shows he isn't really God, then.

• tec
    tec

Please measure your god against this scripture:
    ''He that does not love has not come to know God because God is love.'' 1 John 4:8 ******
    While doing that keep in mind 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 .*****
    I measure anything in the Bible against those two scriptures. If it's not loving, it's not from God - Flying High Now

I do the same, though I add Jesus and what he taught into my *measuring* - since to know Jesus is to know God.

Just a quick thing, Vachi - the tree of life is not the same as the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Eating from the tree of life does not bring death.

Tammy

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Put the Tree/Eve/Serpent story in perspective by reading eastern and occidental mythology literature; all ancient cultures have a variation of this story.

The tree is universal in ancient mythology.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Why would a God allow his Enemy Satan to control his Creation for so long??

How long was Adam and Eve around? And God has let Satan rule his Earth for how Long? And God has ALREADY Destroyed his Experiment once..... except for those lucky to get a ticket to the Titantic with the Animals paired by 2's or am I mixing up stories?

God sounds scared to me. All ways sending others to do his dirty work. He's A WIMP!!!!!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

To think that God didn't know what would happen in the Garden is to acknowledge that He is not omniscient. In fact, the entire Garden story has all the elements of a setup. In fact, God intended for Adam and Eve to fall; otherwise, as you note, He would not have placed two innocents in a setting with the Adversary. The question is why? Why would God do it? What possibly could be His motive for having Adam and Eve fall?

For one thing, they could not fully gain a knowledge of good or evil without partaking of the fruit. This knowledge, as well as mortality, was essential to our growth. Only through the process of gaining mortality, and the knowledge of good and evil, could we experience pain, sorrow and hardships -- things that were vital to our becoming like Him. At the same time, we needed a Redeemer to pull the plug and ensure that we had a way back. In short, it was part of the Divine Plan. Read Timothy Ware's The Orthodox Way, for a better understanding of how this all works together to bring us to salvation.

The Jehovah's Witnesses see the sin in the Garden as a horrible mistake, and after Jehovah-God sent Michael the Archangel to die on the cross, mankind will be restored to a garden setting, where people will just sit around playing musical instruments, gathering fruit and tending to the garden and to animals. Strange that their publications don't show anyone naked, but if they're correct (and I don't believe they are), why would anyone need clothing? We'll be pure-minded and go back to what Jehovah-God had in mind for us. Just sitting around all day doing nothing constructive at all -- divine pets.

I believe, as Timothy Ware argues, that the divine plan was for God to become as we are so that we could become as He is. John said it doth not yet appear what we shall be, but that when we finally see God, we shall be like Him, for we shall see him as He is. And as Jesus was resurrected physically, with a spiritual body (animated by spirit, not blood). In short, there will be no heavenly class and earthly class people, for all will have physical resurrections, and all (including Adam and Eve) will find that they, through the Atonement, have become far superior to what they could have possibly achieved, or become, in the Garden. It's just another example of the JWs having a narrow minded theology.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

God created Satan who is now the god of this world.

The Batman and Robin team.

POW! WHAM! THAWHACK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit