Jehovah's Witnesses on Facebook

by slimboyfat 20 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I HAVE SEEN A PROFILE OF AN ELDER PLUS HIS WIFE ON FACEBOOK,METHINKS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I sure hate to disappoint ya'll- but many we are NOT controlled by the WTBS- we just weigh and consider their opinions- and accept all proven by scripture!

Hate to disappoint you, but since you post on a mostly ex jw forum, you cannot include yourself among the "we" you mention. Obiviously, you don't accept the counsel of the WTBTS, so I do not consider you to be one of them. I consider you to be rebellious and slightly apostate in your leanings.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

I've seen many active witnesses with facebook profiles. I've also noticed that most Witnesses have locked their's recently. I've also noticed that some Witnesses, such as my aunt, closed down their facebook profiles that included witness and non-witness friends and then set up seperate witness and non-witness pages.

I actually do have a few active witnesses on my friends list. Some are family members and others are just Witnesses that have sent friend requests to me. One "sister" from my home congregation and I converse fairly frequently---but she's always been a bit of an independent thinker, a trait that made me dislike her when I was a Witness, but that makes me happy and gives me hope now.

• nelly136
    nelly136

Funny thing, there is a guy who is in his early 60's, and once was a powerful elder, but gave it up. I noticed that he now has an account and is friends

with many of the young ones in the hall.

I think that he is keeping his hand on the pulse of the young people and secretly reporting back to the elders, telling them what is really going on.

.........sounds perfectly reasonable jw behaviour..........but on another level it kinda made me shudder.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It is another tool of the interwebs that will lead to their slow demise. I don't think anything has been put in print yet saying "stay off of facebook" but with these recent Watchtowers, the GB is flexing their muscle. I hope they do print that, but for now its simply the usual convention fodder, one of the "things of Satan's world" that they rail against. My bet is that there will be something in print in a WT within the next year strongly warning against "social networks" but they won't say FB, twitter, or myspace specifically. Most JWs will drop their accounts, but a few will be woken up by the expanding control the GB wants to exercise and leave.

In the long run, its just another finger they are sticking in the dyke.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

@July 2007 Kingdom Ministry:

It is easy for a person whom we meet over the Internet to be deceptive about his identity, his spirituality, or his motives. (Ps. 26:4) An individual claiming to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses may actually be an unbeliever, a disfellowshipped person, or even an active apostate. (Gal. 2:4) Reportedly, many pedophiles use such Web sites to find their victims.

So, of course any pedophile who uses the Internet to find victims most certainly couldn't be a jw...why would jw pedophiles bother with online hunting when there's a bevy of real life potential victims at the kingdom halls?

• darthfader
    darthfader

I wonder what the side effect of all these individuals being connected. Is it possible that there will be a detrimental effect on the "cloud" if a prominent one leaves? Im not talking about the apostate effect, it's more like the JW's try to suppress any prominent individuals (except maybe for the diehard company men) -- will these groups create a "meta-brotherhood"??

• parabola
    parabola

QUOTE:

Hate to disappoint you, but since you post on a mostly ex jw forum, you cannot include yourself among the "we" you mention. Obiviously, you don't accept the counsel of the WTBTS, so I do not consider you to be one of them. I consider you to be rebellious and slightly apostate in your leanings.

*WORD*

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

it is a metter of conscience, I know many pioneers and elder's kids who use facebook.

an advice is not a law. it's not like it's a sin to have an account on a social network....

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I wonder if there is a RealDoll Sex group on FB...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit