Not doubting in private

by 5thGeneration 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Ultimate Reality; It is always better to read it from the GB's point of view:

"The spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience" is so widespread that it is like the air we breathe. (Eph. 2:2) That spirit can cause YOU to think that YOU do not need guidance from US.

Surely YOU do not want to be like Diotrephes, who would not 'receive anything from the apostle John with respect.' (3 John 9,10) YOU need to guard against developing a spirit of independence.

By word or action, may YOU never challenge US. (Num 16:1-3)

On the contrary, YOU should cherish YOUR privilege to cooperate with US. And should YOU not strive to be obedient and submissive to those taking the lead in YOUR local congregation? - Watchtower, November 15, 2009 p. 13

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

"First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.” By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided “at the proper time”—through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions—we can be sure that we maintain “oneness” with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge.—Matthew 24:45."--(Watchtower, August 1, 2001 p. 14)

Thanks everyone!

Close Myth, same series of articles I assume.

Marvin, that's the one I was thinking of.

I remember where I was sitting at the KH when it was discussed.

I wanted the reference as it was a major turning point for me.

5th

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Reading those articles made me feel sick inside

• skywho
    skywho

Doubting = Death

the biggest unforgiveable crime in Christanaty is THINKING!!

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

"One day you think you are in good health. The next day you feel ill. Suddenly, you have no strength or vitality. Your head aches and your body is racked with pain. What has happened? Dangerous pathogens have breached your body's defense systems and have attacked vital organs. Left untreated, these invading organisms may destroy your health permanently-even kill you."

Slippery slope tech. "A" leads to "B" leads to "C" with C being the worst case scenario. This is a staple in WTBTS literature, especially the Watchtower magazine. There was an article in a recent one who talked about a dub girl who wanted to go to a party that was not hosted by other dubs. She received the warnings about why she shouldn't go but went anyway. There, at the party she met a nice man who was supposedly christian. Well he wound up spiking her drink with a date rape drug and raped the girl. The moral we are supposed to take from this is if she had listened to the counsel she would not have been raped. Which to a degree is true. But this puts the blame solely on the girls decision and dims the light on the REAL problem here, the "nice man". While she would not have been raped if she hadn't gone the fact is she was there. Now what? Enter "nice man". Here's a scumbag who couldn't control or had no control over his desire. HE put the pill in the drink. HE led her away. HE forced his way onto her. And this can happen ANYWHERE. Should we not go to a mall because we have to cross rows of unfamiliar cars in the parking lot? Should we not answer the door for someone appearing to have our mail? Should we not answer the door for someone claiming to be bringing the good news of the kingdom? (well that last one is okay, I wouldn't blame you) But yeah, let's just close ourselves up in our houses. And if you find yourself babysitting late one night and the phone rings, DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE! TAKE THE KID AND RUN!Because the killer is already inside your house!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit