Who Heads God's Organization Today?

by wannabe 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

You can find references to it with some of the references in Revelation, where the prophet seems to be describing modern means of warfare. "And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men," he says. "... And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle." It doesn't take much imagination to see modern helicopters in this verse. Horses kick up dust when they travel. Locusts don't. But the prophet says they had the "shapes" of locusts. And helicopters also are camoflaged and sound like locusts. And "there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth." (see Revelation 9) Unlike real locusts, however, the locusts John saw "should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree."

Isaiah speaks of the gathering of the Jews thus: "And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly: None shall be weary nor stumble among them; none shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken: Whose arrows are sharp, and all their bows bent, their horses' hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind: Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar like young lions: yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it." (Isa. 5)

Again, you get the ensign and the gathering. Judah returns to its lands with great speed, "swiftly." To me, modern modes of travel are the only means of fulfillment. When one boards a jet airliner, people travel quickly without weariness nor stumbling. Many can travel between nations without so much as a nap or removing their shoes. The imagery of sharp arrows and bent bows indicates the quickness of travel, and "horses' hoofs shall be counted as flint" and "their wheels like a whirlwind" also to me indicates modern travel. The roaring of jet engines can be like the roar of lions, and the travel will be as safe as the prey delivered by lions. Such travel is quick and safe, and the engines of jets and of railroads are loud and sure. Joel also quoted the Lord in saying, "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke." (Joel 2:30) and Paul said men would be "ever learning, but unable to come to a knowledge of the truth." (2 Tim. 3:7)

Again, one can see modern modes of warfare and learning. Bombs rained down on the cities of London and Dresden, with horrible loss of human life and endless streams of smoke over smoldering cities. Certainly one can find alternatives to all of these, but one may also see the days in which we live.

• moshe
    moshe
    where the prophet seems to be describing modern means of warfare

God who is said to know all about the future, wouldn't bother inspiring some words that only seem, like something familair to the reader of every generation since the beginning. When it comes to Bible verse interpretation, personal opinion is not he same as fact.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

As one who has studied prophesy in the scriptures, I've found it to be extraordinarily accurate.

Really , you've posted what you believed to be extraordinarily accurate, all I can see and read is quite the contrary.

Your examples are mostly built on wanting beliefs built on irrational speculation, swaying to the delusional.

but one may also see the days in which we live.

Really now, would you care to elaborate on that ?

For example, perhaps you could gives us some insightful detail on the End Times prophecies that the JWS

and other religious faiths hold on to in their professed doctrines.

• cattails
    cattails

Excellent post, wannabe. Thanks.

[bookmarking it for reference]

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

When I see so many scriptures posted, my eyes glaze over.

One thoughtful scripture? Okay, I'll read it and think about it. A gazillion? You're a nutcase.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The only "visible" organization I know of are ALL tied into Freemasonry. I think there must be a big difference between "God" and "Creator". Besides, don't they teach you that the god of this world is satan? If so, then "god's visible organization" would have to be a satanic network.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit