Contact lenses - Rigid v Soft? What do you have? Any advice?

by hamsterbait 6 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I have been wearing rigid gas permeable lenses for years.

I just got a new optician who says that they let less oxygen through than soft daily disposables.

I have had no problems, and they want me to sign up for a monthly subscription. It will be more expensive.

What do you softies think - I cannot afford to throw money away at the moment, but now I am worried that I might be damaging my eyes in the long run.

After all Santa Jah will not be arriving any time soon with a set of new eyes (I am already blind in one of them)

HB

• sir82
    sir82

I've had "softies" for 30+ years.

You can get a box of 6, enough to last 12 weeks, for around $15 at Costco.

In my experience, you can stretch out their lifespan to 3 or 4 weeks with no problems.

I also have VSP vision insurance thru my place of employment, and they pay for 4 free boxes (from a "preferred" optician) per year. Between that and Costco, I spend about $30 per year on lenses.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just have just had corrective eye surgery - don't either anymore - yeehaa

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I love my softies. I had gas permeable back when I was a teenager and it killed my eyes, they were always bloodshot. When I switched to soft it was barely noticable on my eyes.

Just have to be extra careful at first cleaning them, they are more fragile, but you get used to it quickly.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Softies.

You can stretch them out as well - and try online ordering, sometimes there are great deals.

sammieswife

• sarahle102@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

yeah, try some online deals. say Walgreens offers 20% off Contact Lens Orders. anyway, it worth u a peek.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Lasik is the way to go !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit