Can Jehovah Really Read Hearts?

by Yan Bibiyan 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Seems like a lose-lose to me.

Here it goes:

(A)If Jehovah can really read the heart, then he with no doubt would have read the hearts of the perfect Adam and Eve and would have known that they will sin when set up for a (failure) test. Then he would have known that he will punish them and all mankind for many thousands of years, which would case immense suffering, all to prove a point to his archnemesis!

In the real world, an example comes to mind.

Imagine that you are a parent of two children. You love them to death and would do anything for them. Sounds pretty reasonable, right. You also have a gun in your home for protection. One day, as you the children and their infant children are having dinner, a criminal breaks into your home, waves a knife and threatens to kill everyone. You remain calm, manage to pull out the loaded gun and tell him to get out or get shot. The criminal laughs in your face and tells your children that their dad is a sissy and he shouldn't even be pulling out this toy gun. In response, you shoot to death both of your children and all grandchildren to prove to the criminal that the gun is not a toy gun and that he is wrong for calling you a sissy.

Pretty loving, huh?

(B) If Jehovah can't read the heart, then how can anyone in their right mind coldheartedly accept as normal the killing of innocent adults and babies at some cataclysmic event.

What gives?

-Yan

• Heaven
    Heaven

Of course, this is based on a pretty big assumption.... the assumption being that Jehovah exists.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

If he could/can read hearts, wouldn't he be able to know Satan's? Or since "Satan" is a spirit creature, they don't have a physical heart so therefore, can't be read? I mean why start at humans, lets go back to the angels that he created as well.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

How can a Hebrew desert god that is incapable of writing a coherent book, read anything?

My apologies, but I do so enjoy my little digs.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

And such is the deception of religion, that there is a personal God outside of ourselves who is off somewhere on a 6,000 vacation while his Creation is about to implode upon itself. Sorta like Obama playing GOLF instead of tending to the mess in the GULF.

God created this world in order for it to evolve and BECOME. We are all the I AM. The priestly hoax is that God came in the flesh to save mankind. We don't need saving, because we were never lost. Reincarnation became resurrection, by which "judgment" comes based on one short life. How absurd. Thinking people need to go outside the Bible and find out what the hell is going on. If they don't, they'll just remain in the dark and wonder why they have to suffer if there is a God. The truth is that suffering is the way of evolution. It doesn't last forever. We all have the Christ within us which is an energy and not a man who lived 2,000 years ago.

"That which is known as the Christian religion existed among the ancients, and never did not exist; from the beginning of the human race until the time when Christ came in the flesh, at which time the true religion, which already existed began to be called Christianity."

Saint Augustine of Hippo, Retractions, Book One, Part 12, "One Book on the True Religion."

Prodigal Son

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I always used to debate this with my dad when I was little. The, 'if Jehovah knows us so well, then he MUST have known Adam and Eve would eat that fruit' and 'he must have known Satan had a bad heart'. My dads response was always 'yes, but he gives us the power of reason and lets us choose our own way'. I just couldn't get past that and still can't.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Lets say God exists and this reading of hearts is true. We can assume that God doesn't read hearts or look into the future without a warrant to do so, so he would not look at satan's or Adams heart at the time. But, when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and other cities mentioned throughout the bible, did God read the hearts of babies and small children? Were all babies to grow up wicked even if their parents were to be destroyed and EVEN under the care of the Israelis ALL these babies and small children would have grown up wicked???

What about Armageddon? Same question can be asked, why would babies and small children be destroyed if supposedly children were not to pay for the sins of parents and could it be said that ALL these kids were to grow up evil even if taken care of by survivors of Armageddon? This also leads to another question, if God can read hearts what's the use of JW preaching? Does someone who rejects WTS dogma automatically is classified as wicked by God (even if JW were true worshippers). After all how would a muslim know that jws were true followers of God when their religion teaches them they have the true faith?

Does it sound a bit confusing as to how God is to judge? If a group was performing some sort of miracles it would be easier to identify as there is something more to a group but just because someone says they have the truth, it is really meaningless in the world unless men are to be gullible and assume everyone is speaking the truth and doesn't want to mislead. In this case, without some miracle how are Christians to assume their faith is the truth when a person of another faith speaks to them of another teaching? It's a circular reasoning which doesn't have answers and God's love is in vain as it doesn't mean anything since he is to kill anyone and everyone just because they haven't join some group that doesn't have any real substantiated proof of having God's backing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah reads Hearts..

Then the WBT$ GB votes on it..

Jehovah needs a 2/3rds vote from the WBT$ GB..

To get anything done..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

If God could read hearts...

... perhaps he would notice all the heart does is pump blood.

- Lime

• Quentin
    Quentin

My doctor reads my heart, listens too.... The further you step out side the box, then look back, the more absurd the whole salvation doctrine becomes. We don't need to be saved from ourselves, or the Devil. We need to be saved from God....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit