Funny statement about DVD replacing Proclaimers book on DC

by Gorbatchov 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Last weekend I attended the DC. I had special interest in the closing speech about "This generation".

The Bethel speaker told us he lost track after the publication of the Watchtower in 2008 about "This generation" and concluded that "This generation" can overlap only 1 time. He stated that there is an absolute time limitation of "This generation". Members of the current 144.000 who's lives overlapped the lives of members of the 144.000 who experienced 1914 will see the end of this system.

Then he released the new DVD about the history of Jehovah's Witness in modern times. He stated that this DVD will replace the Proclaimers (history) book, because Jehovah's Witnesses are mostly not readers of thick books.

Of course a big applause fellowed.

Gorb

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

hahahaha really? That is hilarious.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Sounds like this "bethelite" was trying to give out subliminal messages. Too bad few picked up on this... or maybe more did?

• pirata
    pirata

Jehovah's Witnesses are mostly not readers of thick books.

Funny, I can think of another thick book called... the Bible. Though I guess we now have 32-page brochure "The Bible - What is it's message" which is a summary of the Bible.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

That is definitely so funny. JWs are encouraged to read daily the Bible and read every issue of the WT/Awake. This appears that the bethelite realizes that in reality jws would rather watch their television.

• sir82
    sir82

Jehovah's Witnesses are mostly not readers of thick books.

I think if we change the order of the words a bit, it makes more sense:

Jehovah's Witnesses are mostly thick, and not readers of books.

• undercover
    undercover
    Jehovah's Witnesses are mostly thick, and not readers of books.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

lol @ UC!! hahahaa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can say "one time only" all they want now. However, when it too reaches the end of that "string", they will add another "one time only" string. This is like saying "This is the only string of Christmas tree lights we will add to the string" only to order yet another string to add when we reach the end of string 2. There is no such thing as absolute ends, especially after they were so sure that the generation that saw 1914 was itself going to be the absolute limit and they welshed on that.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It should replace the Proclaimers book, as it has the same kind of misleading obfuscating narrative. It will also be debunked point by point as the Proclaimers book was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit