666, or 616?

by ElijahTheThird 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JanH
    JanH

avalon,

They simply added up the numerals for the letters in the name. You'll find a few more or less good explanation if you search the web, e.g. http://www.google.com/search?q=nero+revelation+666

In ancient inscriptions, we see that Romans and others actually wrote of people using numbers. I read about one "grafitti" inscription in Pompeii along the line of "I love her whose number is xxx". So the system was pretty well known.

It is worth noting that Revelation spells out the number six hundred and sixty-six in the Greek, so it's an anachronism (and dependent on Arabic numerals) to try to get the bumber to fit 6 - 6 - 6 as separate digits.

added: thanks for link. It seems I for once remembered correctly.

- Jan
    --

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

,,,and again ALL THIS CRAP ABOUT 666 ! ! !

Thanks for those that have responded thus far with just "I don't know about 616."

616 can be broke down as such
    500 = D
    100 = C
    16 is the original adress of the whitehouse

Just a funny I worked out after I discovered that the oldest manuscripts contain 616 NOT 666

Norval

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

The JIOR interpretation of the 666 is as follows:

BACKGROUND: Please note the 666-Beast is not all comprehensive but specifically has a companion Beast, the Lamb-Dragon Beast. The 666-Beast comes "out of the SEA" and the Lamb-Dragon-False Prophet comes "out of the earth". The sea represents many unstable doctrines while the earth more stable, Biblical doctrine. Thus the "sea" is interpreted to represent Christendom's masses and the "earth" the witness organization, with the L-D Beast coming out of the earth representing the apostate leaders of the WTS who apostasize during the last days (2 Thes. 2:4).

With that in mind, we know this beast represents Christendom and it's general masses. The 666 is thus a fitting acknowledgement of it's primary false teaching, the TRINITY doctrine, which is one way we identify the beast as representing Christendom.

But it also represents basically the Eurocentric society of Western culture which dominates and world. Thus the one head that received a death stroke and then revived represents Nazi Germany who was defeated during WWII but has now made a complete comeback, becoming the strongest economy in Europe. But the fact that most generally, in the world at large, you can divide the major religions up culturally, the European culture is the one which adopted and is most associated with Christianity, almost being synonymous.

TURNING THE NUMBER INTO A NAME: As was posted above, this does involve some playing around with numerology. The thing is to come up with the correct formula that would be consistent with Christendom or culture dominated by Christendom.

The Hebrew alphabet can be found in the Bible at various places in Psalms, including Psalms 111 which eerily suggests a connection to the secret of the number.

Of course, the trinity is a "mystery" since it claims three gods are one god. This is the secret to the formula of the 666 being turned into a name. Obviously if you will substitute the the numbers for a letter then the ultimate name will represent some philosophy or organization associated with Christendom.

But I think there are only three basic combinations that would be logically considered.

1. Simply subsitute the three 6's with the 6th letter of the alphabet. W is the sixth letter so we get "WWW" ???

2. You can add the total number of of the digits, which is 18 and substitute that number, giving you "TTT" ???

3. Or you can add the sumof the digits plus the number which is 18+3 giving you the 21st letter which is "Sin" and you get "SSS". Sin in triplicate is suggested since this is a MAN's number and the number of imperfect man is 6. So there might be something to that. But what does a beast called "SSS" mean in modern terms?

4. OR, you can be smarter than that and relate this calculation to the trinity way of numbering things which claims 3 gods are 1 god. In this case, the number of the digits, though 3, since they are all the same, are also 1. Thus after the sum of 18, instead of adding a total number of 3 digits, you only add 1, since there are not three different digits but just one. That gives us 19. The 19th letter is "Koph" or "Qoph" which becomes: "KKK" Now that is an abbreviation for a specific modern group and concept. The question is, can we apply this in any way to Christendom. Well, since this is a modern symbol for white supremacy and Eurocentricity, could it be said that Euro-Christian culture practices white supremacy to the point of being characteristic? Of course. And of particular note, the beast that is focussed on that received the death stroke and revived, also identified as the "disgusting thing in the holy place" was Nazi Germany, certainly an entity we can apply the meaning of "KKK" to, including it's cultic, "mysteries" roots. Historically, the white supremacist groups labelling themselves as KKK emerged after the Civil War ended slavery and had their roots in Freemasonry, whose tenets are quite Eurocentric. But white supremacist ideas were a root part of the "mysteries" since it had to do with trying to use knowledge and wisdom to elevate and convert the ordinary man to higher levels until he achieved godship. Convenient doctrines such as evolution, when showing race charts and the development of men, for instance, show the Aryan man at the end of the evolutionary scale with Jews and Asians somewhere in the middle and Africans always at the bottom right next to the monkey. A lot of cultural literature deals with racial hatred themes relating to Europeans who consider it betrayal to marry into another race; and some of the "greatest men" or most celebrated in the way of "human rights", Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Mandela, etc. became celebrated because of their efforts against European defference to the humanity of those with darker skin their theirs, or in some cases, those not Christian. Plus the greatest atrocity of all time committed by Christians, the HOLOCAUST was the ultimate development of what white supremacy is really all about, which is exterminating, if necessary, that which intereferes with the priorities of the Aryo-European. Thus the invasion of Poland had to do with "lieberstraum" (sp), that is, "living space" for the Germans which meant, simply, that the Poles and Jews had to be exterminated in the process.

So all-in-all, if the name of the beast is really "KKK" it would be understandable, even if only being a name that could only be European, that is, this would identify this beast as being a predominantly white-oriented beast which Christendom certainly is, especially with the focus on Nazi Germany as the head that received the death stroke and revived.

One might say: "If the name fits......."

But please note folks, it certainly is NOT an individual. We can see that right? How do you kill off one head of an individual? What single man has had that much control over the "sea"?

So the Beast represents Christendom's culture.
    The 666 reflects it's primary belief in the false trinity doctrine.
    And the conversion of 666 into a name, that is, into letters, has modern significance when converted by the trinity formula to "KKK" reflecting the Aryano-Euro-centric nature of Christendom and it's long history for suppressing other, non-white cultures and representing themselves as generally smarter and superior to all other races of mankind.

L.G.

L.G.

• JanH
    JanH

avalon,

I think that JOHN meant "MACEDON", respectively Macedonia.

That seems unsupported by the evidence I have seen. Especially considering the significance of Megiddo in Israelite history, it is hard to imagine how hebrew 1st century readers could understand that name as a reference to a faraway place without significance within the jewish apocalyptic tradition we find Revelation. Textual support seems to be lacking, too, as I am aware of no such variant spellings of 'armageddon'.

If you want to pursue this question to some detail, I recommend getting your hands on some of the better Revelation commentaries out there. They generally discuss such issues to depth. I've had David Aune's commentaries strongly recommended to me, but since this is a pretty peripheral interest for me now, I have not yet read it.

- Jan
    --

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

i'm not smart, but in some movie, forgot the title ( I always do ), 666 = XES! So never have sex backwards, or you're a Satan worshipper.

"No cool quote yet. but i'll think of one soon."

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ElijahTheThird
    So that would make Bush the antichrist since were living in the last days.

Jan
    WOW, can I borrow your brain for awhile?

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

As with most that use the UNTRANSLATED word antichrist in all of its great "mystique". It simply means "all those against the Anointed". You would think somebody would get that simple word deception correct by now?

Look at the world! Before most of you were born the US caused "sanctions" so that countries could not buy or sell with out their aproval. They then gave this power and authority over to the UN to sanction countries so none may buy nor sell with out their demonocracy ways! (just a slight punny) The mark of the beast and 616 do corelate,,,

• Carmel
    Carmel

As difficult as it is to address some one as "Elijah", since you might be trying to take over my cave, I'll risk it anyway.

There is an interesting study on the Book of Revelations that shows how much of the events "which must soon come to pass" were events related more to Islam and subsequent revelations rather than to what Christians believed, ie that it only applied to them! In the year 666 of the Muslim lunar calendar, the evil Muawiya killed the Imam Ali. Shi'i Muslim chroniclers attached 666 to Muawiya as the anti-Christ.

616 would have no standing under this paradigm.

cheers

carmelite cave man

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hold your horses! My daughter-in-law just told me that the 666 was assigned to Mauwiya for sacking Medina, not for killing Ali!

the rest stands.

caveman

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

As the "mark" has to be here for all to see in the "last days", what could it be?

HINT;
    There is NO voting in a Kingdom as a GOVERNMENT!

Norval

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit