Faithful and Discreet Slave Chosen in 1919

by UnDisfellowshipped 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses about 1919!

I would love to hear Jehovah's Witnesses explain their beliefs in 1919 using only the Bible.

1:) Why do you believe that God chose the "Bible Students" to be His one and only Channel of Communication and His Organization on earth in 1919?

2:) What were the "Bible Students" teaching in 1919 that would have made God and Jesus choose them over any other religion?

3:) Why did God and Jesus reject all of the other religions?

4:) Which Bible prophecies foretold that God would choose the "Bible Students" as His only Organization on earth in 1919?

5:) What evidence is there that God did in fact choose the "Bible Students" in 1919?

6:) Even if God did choose them in 1919, what evidence is there that God is still using the Watchtower Society as His one and only Channel of Communication today?

7:) Are you aware that in 1919, Jehovah's Witnesses were celebrating Christmas and Birthdays, and were teaching that the end would come in 1925, and were worshiping Jesus, and were teaching that Jesus had returned invisibly in 1874?

• Titus
    Titus
    IT IS EVIDENT THAT JEHOVAH HAD ALREADY CHOSEN THIS ORGANIZATION [IN 1916] BECAUSE OF THE FAITHFULNESS AND THE SINCERITY OF THE MEN WHO WERE BEHIND IT. IT'S OBVIOUS THAT HE HAD ALREADY CHOSEN THIS ORGANIZATION TO GET HIS WORK DONE. THERE WERE ENOUGH HONESTHEARTED MEN HUNGERING FOR THE TRUTH DESIROUS OF DOING THE WILL OF GOD, AND TO PREVENT THE ORGANIZATION FROM COLLAPSING. (David Splane, 2010)
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Titus, if that is true, if that is going to be the new Watchtower teaching, they need to re-publish updated versions of the Isaiah Books, the Daniel Book, and the Revelation Book, lol

• Titus
    Titus

UD,

don't say "IF that is true"!

It IS true!

David Splane really said that. Somebody should upload it on youtube.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Titus, I wasn't doubting you, and I wasn't doubting that David Splane said it, I was just saying if that is what the Watchtower Society is going to stick to and publish in their new publications.

• ronniegirl
    ronniegirl

Hi UD, this is my first post, but yes your #7 point is very interesting and it baffles me because really, why would Jehovah choose them if they were practicing those things that were, according to JW's, wrong?

• wobble
    wobble

JW's tend to discount all the false stuff they were teaching around this time, remember there main study books were "Studies in the Scriptures" with the completely insane Volume seven.

They say that it was all the stuff that wasn't being taught, trinity etc, and the fact that they were preaching in many countries.

First of all get them to agree that Jesus made an inspection with a view to appointing a FDS at this time, that after all is their claim.

Then ask "What would Jesus be looking for ?"

You may get a variety of answers but lead them to: He must have been looking for something unique that distinguished them from other worthy groups at the time, so my question is :

"What is the unique teaching that was used in 1919, that is still taught as truth today, that persuaded Jesus to choose Rutherford and Co. ?"

I have had Elders and MServs say they will return with an answer to this, none have, for they cannot.

The statement that they were chosen to be Jesus' FDS in the early 20th. century IS A LIE !

And as dear Ray Franz said "An insult to Jesus".

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Titus, if that is true, if that is going to be the new Watchtower teaching

It isn't new. It's old. Check your facts. TD recently kicked my butt on this one.

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

Whenever God did something big, he confirmed it with signs and wonders....I always ask JWs exactly how did Jesus select them in 1919? They can never give me a consistent verifiable answer, because it's JW lore and myth.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

ws chap. 8 p. 67 par. 5 - In 1919 the anointed disciples of the reigning King, Jesus Christ, did enter into an approved condition

w16 March p. 31 - Ezekiel 37:1-14 and Revelation 11:7-12 each speak of a spiritual restoration that took place in 1919.

w16 March p. 29 par. 2 - All the evidence* indicates that this captivity ended in 1919 when anointed Christians were gathered into the restored congregation.

w16 July p. 31 - From 1919, God’s people were gradually reorganized and reunited to serve as “one flock.” (Gradually???? Why did it take Jehovah & Christ 16 years to do the job?)

yb12 p. 112 - “How excited Jehovah’s Witnesses were in 1935 when the identity of the “great crowd”...was made clear. God’s people were delighted to learn that worshippers who hope to live on a paradise earth could join the anointed remnant as dedicated servants of Jehovah.”

yb93 p. 96 Denmark - In August 1935, two issues of The Watchtower in English explained that the “great crowd” of Revelation chapter 7 was an earthly class that was to be gathered before Armageddon.

* I'd love to hear a JW try to offer one piece of Bible evidence to back up this fairy tale!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit