HOW will all be judged, HOW will the truth be manifest to God's followers?

by EndofMysteries 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

This is something all of you should think about. I'm not giving anything away, but at the same time I'm giving a clue for those seeking the answers.

God's word and on the quest for the truth, is designed in a way, which the path IS crooked and narrow. It's crooked and narrow in the sense of the traps on the way.

If a person is self exalted, haughty, or is inclined to be that way, he will find 'his' truth, which will be a snare, and cause him to falsely judge others. This is so that on the day of judgement, OR if he awakens to himself and refines himself, he will have to humble himself and lower himself, and learn a powerful lesson on judging.

Or some will find the truth, as an excuse for wickedness. They will get in the trap that they are free and go BEYOND. They will have no restraint and in the day, their wickedness will be manifest.

Then there is faith and idolatry. One of little faith will not allow God to direct them and teach them the truth. The path to it will be too hard, too scary, or they would rather have a human who would in a sense be their idol. The human who is not directing them to God would become ensnared wanting followers and position of power. Those following lack faith to seek answers from God. It becomes a hard to distinguish line between helping and guiding vs taking the place of God. Along the lines of faith, how hard does one want the truth and how much faith do they have in God to reveal it, and to NOT be misleading them.

This is why there are so many religions and faiths.

• The Finger
    The Finger

By faith

• sabastious
    sabastious

This phenomenon you are describing of using subjective "truth" to judge others very well could be what the Book was originally designed for.

-Sab

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Sab -

It's designed to do that, AS WELL as give the truth to those who God chooses to reveal. Even the prophesies fall into that. But ones heart will trap them, this word becomes a thing in which one can "See what he WANTS to see". Are you looking for the truth, whether is what you want to see or not, or if you see anything that seems to agree with what you want to believe, just drop everything and ignore any contradictions? If there is a contradiction, I don't care if good or bad, which one do you go with? Eventually one can see the REASON for them.

• sabastious
    sabastious

You realize that you can use that line of reasoning for anything?

Let's say hypothetically that Barak Obama is trying to manipulate the countries population

One could say that he is just testing us to see if we will uphold our own Constitution. When it's all said and done and he has defaced every American Liberty we have. We could hold him up as the Greatest American President because of his tireless efforts to show us the holes in our own system, so they could be filled of course...

I believe the Bible was designed to CONTROL the masses. The belief in God is a start in control but you gotta have a handbook that tells you what his requirements are, what is good and bad.

Control has been a theme in Human history, every civilization has sought it deperately. What we have found out through these occurances is the best way to control a large amount of people across a vast amount of space is design a deity that is always watching and has requirements of you.

Once that belief is established and reinforced by a "Holy Book" the line is set and many are hooked.

-Sab

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I find your view point of God is still a judgemental type of being.

Dogma when we search for God is sometimes too limiting with too many restrictions on it which may not allows to see the forest for the trees. And I think the dogma that one finds in the pages of the bible(when I say finds in the bible , I mean through one interpretations of if,,which we find so many churches doing and JWs included,, have added tons of dogma, that they believe comes from the bible.)

May I ask you this? Is your view of God just one sided that he is a male(not males opposite female), that he has no evil in him and that he is the exact opposite of evil, for he is limited to only doing good ? that is it?(extreme case of opposites here) Not to mention God's hands are tied with such restriction he can only experience world under extreme benevolence.

But how about including God with evil and good and not subject to either one because the differences of good and bad are only in the imagination of human species for there is no such thing with God mind.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Frankiespeaking - How can one know good without knowing what evil is? How can you know the opposite without knowing the opposite? My viewpoint of God, or should I say, what I am beginning to see in the scriptures, is one which I have never heard or had taught to me, yet is coming from the bible itself. Who God is and all we think about him, is to an extent also part of the overall answer to everything happening.

Sab - The message in harmony w/ all the scriptures, or the dividing of them in itself does not allow for control. On the otherhand, the CONTROL of it, in a way is good. Do you think that whether correct or not, that it may have kept many 'in check' maybe including ourselves, from doing things because of no fear of accountability. That in itself is a good test I suppose, and perhaps Atheists may reveal their heart conditions if no fear of accountability, how do they act?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I have no real accountability for my actions, yet I still try very hard to live a ethical life. How do you explain that? I see the Bible as no different than Hitler's dogma, it just has been more effective in it's manipulation.

I want to do the right thing because I believe that keeping integrity, honesty and love will trump self-absorbtion, dishonesty and hate in the long run.

The Bible USES that truth for it's OWN advantage, which is dishonest. The real global and historical conspiracy here is that the creators of these Holy Books are, in fact, the architects of Morals and Ethics not the other way around.

Trying to point to the Holy Books as the creator is a setback for humanity. It's a detour.

-Sab

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Sab -

If the bible just taught when you die, heaven or hell, that there is nothing going to happen on physical Earth, THEN maybe. The things hidden in it, or being revealed, tell of today, the future, and what happens as they continue to be fulfilled? I am not talking about the broad definition of things getting worse. If for countries and nations, it gave in detail things to happen to them, and they do happen, then what?

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just what would be the reason or logic behind these things happening? (who foretold them and how was it foretold correctly)

• sabastious
    sabastious

The answer to that is simple, they were not foretold. Upon leaving the WT I have spent (and continue to spend) a lot of time examining Bible prophecy. I have come to the firm conclusion that it is fallacious in that regard as well.

The first line of logic that I follow is why do the prophecies have to be vague? Why do have to be revealed at all? I want a book to say things like:

"And in those days there will be a global war and many of the Seed of Abraham will brutally perish."

Is it that hard to write? There is absolutely nothing even close to that in the Bible, it all has to be "revealed" through some personal revalation. And guess what:

"Sick and tired of running into Spirtual Brick Walls? Can't seem to make sense of the Bible? Don't want to devote your life to a life of Bible Study to find out the Truth About the Bible? Well it's your lucky day! Step right up, we got it all sorted out for you right here!"

I'll pass on the snake oil, thank you.

I'll just continue to live my life as morally as possible and I believe that in the end I'll end up where I end up.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit