Language Hijacking and the WTBS

by gubberningbody 10 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Jehovah's Witnesses - This is a claim, not merely a label. I reject those who adhere to the WTBS as having any legitimate right to that claim and as such this is an example of a language hijack.

Please add to this list.

• ziddina
    ziddina

(the biggie...)

"The TRUTH"... Love the poster who first started putting ™ beside that phrase...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Zid nailed the big one....

Of course they can lay claim to "Jehovah" all they want. It is not even God's name. If they called themselves "Yahweh's Witnesses" I would find it more offensive. Who cares if you want to lay claim to a name that was non-existent 700 years ago.

For my own I will submit "God's Organization" If he really wanted an organization, don't you think he would have said so, as organization is not found in the bible.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Faithful and Discreet Slave" [class]...

THAT phrase has been co-opted, BIG TIME!!!

(Zid has a strange feeling of 'deja vu'; hasn't she been in this thread before???)

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

"The friends"

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    It is not even God's name. If they called themselves "Yahweh's Witnesses" I would find it more offensive.

Now now, using the name Jehovah harmonizes with all other biblical names such as Jesus, Jeremiah, Jehu, Jehonadab ... etc.

If you insist on using Yahweh, to be consistent, you should reject the name Jesus and use Yeshua.

• StAnn
    StAnn

"Christendom."

They make it sound like a bad thing.

• wobble
    wobble

"Evidently", in WT land that means no evidence.

The weaker "many believe", this means the GB, a handful of men, want you to believe....

"Loyal Christians.." this means JW's.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What about the word "Suggestion"? Suggestion often means orders in the organization. For Example, "We suggest you don't wear colored shirts on the platform".

Bangalore

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

"A conscience matter", meaning "consider yourself warned!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit