repeating word for word

by J-ex-W 14 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Weird question: I understand the concept of mirroring/ matching as defined in NLP writings (sales, hypnosis, therapy techniques, etc.). What I'd like to know is, why do some people carry this to the extreme of repeating word for word, even to the point of replaying L - O - N - G conversations in their entirety? I've noticed that certain individuals play back not only my verbal 'role' from a previous conversation 'transcript' but their own 'role' as well, all the while passing it off as if it is entirely a new conversation in present moment. What gives? What is the purpose of doing this?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Sorry... I meant to post this under Friends.

your wish is my command. ~ Scully

• Chalam
    Chalam

What gives? What is the purpose of doing this?

In the context of a thread, maybe they are just seeking to respond to your comments?

However, in the context of the kingdom hall this is surely part of the brain washing, repeating the same falsehoods over and over until the become "The Truthâ„¢".

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Fundamentalist/Evangelical brain washing and Kingdom Hall brain washing. Having gone to both and experienced both there really is not much difference.

• Perry
    Perry

Hey designs, I disagree, as do many others. Aren't you saying the same thing over and over? Everyone knows there are huge differences. But you tirelessly preach otherwise . Why is it always about you and you experience in so many of your posts?

This is what people do who want to bypass logic and just get you to accept their view. It works surprisingly well. Many peopole are too lazy to do their own research.

• designs
    designs

Public service Perry, we help people caught in our former JW religion and we help people caught in the Evangelical Cults as well.

I did my research, went to as many Evangelical/Fundamentalisit churches as I could stomach just to have first hand experience. Now I know what a load of crap it is and don't rely on word of mouth.

• Perry
    Perry

designs,

Christians do not follow people, cults do, secularists like yourself do. They don't have issues with blood transfusions. They don't have any of the earmarks of a cult.

Your views toward others are really abusive. Why can't you just get along with your neighbors? Why must you force your godlessness on others?

we help people caught in our former JW religion and we help people caught in the Evangelical Cults as well.

Are you delusional? Who is "we"?

• designs
    designs

Well you see Perry in your view either a person believes as you do therefore they believe in God or they are godless.

You're a mess and the Cult of Fundamentalism is partly to blame the other part is you, you just can't get off of the Religion titty.

• Perry
    Perry
    Well you see Perry in your view either a person believes as you do therefore they believe in God or they are godless.

I'm sorry, I mistook you for an atheist. So describe your God designs. What's he like?

• designs
    designs

Perry when you say 'he' that's half the problem carried over from the pre-Bronze Age, Anthropomorphisms. I am more than comfortable not having a 'definition' to what others call God or the Prime Mover, First Cause etc. etc..

We are still studying Time (T-Duality), Space, Dimensions, Matter/Anti Matter, Quarks, String Theory without putting the final dot or crossing the T to that study. The Universe Rocks and so does this earth, we have our job to do here- Be good stewards of this earth for our selves and all of the generations to come. Its a nobel and elegent purpose that everyone can help with.

The Global Community needs to think multi-generational in solving and improving the challenges of today. My great great great great grandparents came to this country seeking a better life for their children and all their grandchildren to come, I want to follow in that family heritage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit