Justification, Sanctification, Substitutionary Atonement is Officially OUT Says WT

by Perry 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

DD,

In the years after I left the Watchtower Society I made a concerted effort to explore world religions and you are right not all meet the criteria of a Cult, most do because they are intolerant of opposing views and many have doctrines outlining what will happen to the 'Others'.

Sociologically and culturally many religions are growing up and embracing a broader world view and their place in it such as Ecumenical Councils and Interfaith Forums. Even many Christian Faiths are embracing the 'Green Movement', they realize they needed to go beyond a scenario of the earth ending in divine fire and looked at Genesis as encouragment to roll up their sleeves and pitch in with Environmental projects in their communities and elswhere. One large Mega-Church in Mission Viejo Ca. I'm doing work with sends teams once a month to various parts of the world to build clinics and schools, dig wells for fresh water etc..

I wish my former Religion had seen those works as noble causes but they didn't and they won't, it was one of the major reasons I left. The great Irony of the JWs was they promoted the Paradise Earth and wouldn't lift a finger to preserve this one.

Now I enjoy an active career and avocation in one of my first loves as a child the Environment. Life comes full circle sometimes.

• Perry
    Perry
    Sociologically and culturally many religions are growing up and embracing a broader world view

Sounds to me like designs wants a religion that doesn't feature the judgment of God. Personally, I could never worship a god who refuses to judge evil.

• Perry
    Perry
    I wonder how much it irritates them that the number of memorial partakers is up.

DD,

I'm curious as to what the motive is for new partakers....any thoughts anyone?

• TD
    TD
    Most JW's don't realise that theologically, only the GB is Justified before God, since in their view his promises apply only to them now. All, the rest must "grow to perfection".

...For the majority of JW's, that actually puts their view of the Ransom closer to that of Barbour, who according to JW's rejected it!

• Perry
    Perry

Now isn't that interesting. Good catch TD

• designs
    designs

A Bus load of Baptist kids coming or going to Church School goes off the road and crashes in a ditch killing and injuring many. The pastor says at the funeral God needed more angels in heaven or was calling them home to be with him.

Those are the things that turn many off from 'God' as defined by many Church goers. 'God' gets blamed when the culprit could be poor maintenence, or simply driving in bad weather and not some overarching Moralist God who has every minute aspect of Time predetermined. Calvin really set Christianity back, give me a Wesley anyday at least he admitted he didn't know.

• Perry
    Perry

Our world is flawed. And we are "appointed to death". Over the long scope of things it doesn't really matter if its a bus off a cliff or cancer.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

In the years after I left the Watchtower Society I made a concerted effort to explore world religions and you are right not all meet the criteria of a Cult, most do because they are intolerant of opposing views and many have doctrines outlining what will happen to the 'Others'

Why do you assume disagreement always means intolerance?

I think you need to get out more. Learn the differances between denominations and how they have in many ways made the Church stronger. I don't agree with everything Calvery Chaples, Baptists or any other real denomination teaches, that doesn't mean I think they are cults. There are many differing opinions about many issues in the church, or differing opinions among different denominations.

Cults (like JWs and Mormons) also can't seem to see the difference between unity and uniformity.

Now I enjoy an active career and avocation in one of my first loves as a child the Environment. Life comes full circle sometimes.

I respect that. I think you've missed the great diversity in the evangelical church regarding those issues. I've been involved (as a volunteer) in environmental enforcement for the last 20 years. I know many evangelicals who care a great deal about the environment, and work very hard in similar efforts.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Calvin really set Christianity back, give me a Wesley anyday at least he admitted he didn't know.

I'm curious, don't you realise that most Calvinists see Wesley as a brother in Christ?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Perry

DD,
    I'm curious as to what the motive is for new partakers....any thoughts anyone?

I am as well, I'm sure it varies a bit, but, I'm thinking it's a way of getting the leadership off of their backs and believing themselves to be special.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit