How long is the Windows Defender full scan?

by asilentone 14 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That's a virus!

• asilentone
    asilentone

nope

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Well it got on my computer at work, embedded itself. I couldn't delete it. The IT guy said Windows Defender is not real. I had to get a whole new machine.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Not very long, depends on the speed of your CPU and hard drive, it comes by Microsoft by default activated, I've turn it off on my system

since I have other anti-virus programs that are stronger and more proficient.

A quick way to find it on your system is to search it by using the Windows Explorer search tool.

• TD
    TD

asilentone: Depends entirely on the size of your hard drive and the number of files on it.

Serinitynow! I suspect you're thinking of Win Defender Pro, XP Defender Pro, Vista Defender Pro, etc. These really are malware and some of them are real nasty. I clean up the messes they make on a daily basis.

They should not be confused with Microsoft Windows Defender which is part of an OEM Windows installation

• asilentone
    asilentone

serenity now, you might have downloaded a fake Windows Defender. Just go to www.windows.com and everything is legitimate there.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"The IT guy said Windows Defender is not real. I had to get a whole new machine."

Gosh, your IT guy is GOOOOOD! /sarcasm off/

Did he try booting in safe mode?

At the worst, all he'd have to do is scrub the drive, fdisk and reformat. Tell him I'll pay $20 for that no-g00d computer!

"Yesterday I couldn't spell Computer Expert. I still can't but today I am one!"

• TD
    TD
    At the worst, all he'd have to do is scrub the drive, fdisk and reformat.

No I.T. person worth the salt it would take to pickle them would even have to do that

• alice.in.wonderland

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit