JW Callers 21 July 2010

by maputo95 10 Replies latest jw friends

• maputo95
    maputo95

Expecting the gasman at 10:15 I opened my front door and saw 2 JWs there. I asked:

"Are you Jehovah's Witnesses and no thank you."

"Is there anything that you have against the Jehovah's Witnesses?" the English-type gentleman asked.

"I don't know where to begin. Firstly, your policy on blood"

"Well. the situation that requires blood doesn't crop up very often these days."

"Also, the fact the Society forbade innoculations for 20 years (look it up) and your interpretation of Revelations"

"Well, it's good to talk and keep an open mind."

"No, it's not, I have sent 1600 emails to another JW and we are as far apart as ever"

"Er, okay. "

"God bless you the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" were my last words.

What do you think of my approach?

• wobble
    wobble

I don't think you achieved anything with them, you will be labelled a "hardened opposer of the Truth".

Having said that, I don't think it is possible to achieve much in that sort of door-step situation, but the best way is give them ONE question to go away and research.

The silver bullitt about the 1919 choosing usually does it, they don't come back, but it may make them think.

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen" whist crossing yourself with three fingers extended really flummuxs them.

All the best

Paul UK

• maputo95
    maputo95

Paul double lol!!!!!! May keep some incense and holy water to see them off next time!!!

• misocup
    misocup

I would love to go all out on the ones that come by my house. I wouldnt argue but I would have some nice material for them. I won't tho because they would write it down and then it would affect my mother.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Well. the situation that requires blood doesn't crop up very often these days.""

First that's a big fat lie. Second, that's not the issue; it's not that blood isn't necessary, it's that they believe it's unscriptual.

• wiser
    wiser

Excellent response! You were prepared for them while the average person is not.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

maputo you're way more polite than I am. I'm always shutting the door while I tell them I'm not interested.

• moshe
    moshe

JW's have sunk so much into their religion, that just walking away is like walking away from a slot machine you have been playing for the last 20 years. No way will they take the chance that by walking away they will miss out on the big Paradise Earth jackpot- it has to be true, because everyone in the KH is cranking those slot machine levers, too. Not much phases them at the door adn when you do make them look stupid, they just label you an opposer of the truth- but I keep trying, and I am glad you did, too.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I remember running into ex-jw's a few times over the many years of door to door work. I just never knew what to say to them. I usually said ok and left. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit