A Jehovah's Witness has admitted sexually abusing a young boy from the age of seven.

by truthseekeriam 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/187628-jehovahs-witness-sexually-abused-seven-year-old-boy/

A Jehovah's Witness has admitted sexually abusing a young boy from the age of seven.

Thomas Gold, 45, abused the child over a period of seven years at an address in Clackmannanshire. The abuse began with a kiss on the boy's mouth, and became more sexual as the youngster got older.

On one occasion there was "unnatural carnal connection" between them. The High Court in Glasgow heard that the boy trusted the accused and thought the relationship was normal when he was a child, but questioned it when he reached his late teens.

It came to light after the boy, also a Jehovah's witness, spoke to church elders about it. Advocate depute Alison Di Rollo said: "By the time he was 19 he had started to realise that his feeling for the accused was wrong.

"He approached elders at his church and told them and they said it was wrong and that if it continued he would have to be disfellowshipped by the church.

"He has been seeing a psychiatrist in relation to suicidal thoughts and depression."

The court heard that the complainer continued to visit Gold and had sex with him until last September. On Tuesday, Gold admitted using lewd, libidinous and indecent practices towards the boy on various occasions between November 14 1996 and November 13 2003.

Lord Bannatyne deferred sentence until September 7 and ordered him to be placed on the sex offenders register.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

"

He approached elders at his church and told them and they said it was wrong and that if it continued he would have to be disfellowshipped by the church.
    "He has been seeing a psychiatrist in relation to suicidal thoughts and depression."

So typical that it makes me want to puke!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

It breaks my heart and makes me sick to my stomach at the same time

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Madaf^er !!!!

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is truly despicable. JW or not he should be punished in ways that I wouldn't even mention here.*

The fact that this predator made his contact with the victim, a small child, through the JW environment is becoming such a common situation that one must wonder where is Jehovah's protective spirit in that group?

*He should die.

• yknot
    yknot

sad....

Prayers for the young man to find some solid ground and recover.

• sabastious
    sabastious

"He approached elders at his church and told them and they said it was wrong and that if it continued he would have to be disfellowshipped by the church .

This would imply only one witness, is the WT loosening that policy?

-Sab

• flipper
    flipper

Truly disgusting. How typical of the elders to tell the 19 year old he'd have to be DFed. Then what about the perpetrator of the crime who is 45 ? Does he get a frigging gold medal or something ? Stupid idiots . I rarely quote the Bible but one scripture applies very well here : " Foolishness has been put in many high positions. " Ridiculous. These elders should be locked up WITH the child molester

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Truly disgusting. How typical of the elders to tell the 19 year old he'd have to be DFed. Then what about the perpetrator of the crime who is 45 ? Does he get a frigging gold medal or something ?

Good point. They never said anything about notifying the authorities.

-Sab

• today
    today

"He approached elders at his church and told them and they said it was wrong and that if it continued he would have to be disfellowshipped by the church."

This is what they tell him. This child has literally been to hell and back and this is what they tell him. How cruel.

I pray he finds healing and support and love. This makes my heart heavy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit