Do you think this USDA Director's comments were racist?

by UnConfused 23 Replies latest social current

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ted Kennedy spent his life trying to make up for his mistake in that case. His mistake was being a dumb ass, and delay. Byrd is a wonderful example of someone who overcame his early influences and changed his ways.

This incident with this woman today, is pure evil. And she's the good guy.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I don't think I can agree on Kennedy as he lived his life essentially the same after. He voted in the Senate in a way that supported woman's rights, but his personal life was one that used and objectified women.

That said......

Byrd is someone I'll have to read more about and ponder.

The "right" is being intellectually dishonest and the White House should have used the very examples some have used here (Byrd) and points made here and shown this website to be nothing more than another Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton type instrument.

• snowbird
    snowbird

OUTLAW!!!

Syl

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

In context, I don't find her comments as bad as the NAACP crowd's reaction in the video. THEY are the racists.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    In context, I don't find her comments as bad as the NAACP crowd's reaction in the video. THEY are the racists.

Wrong.

The tape was edited to make it look like they were applauding racism.

Actually they were applauding her realization that racial prejudice is wrong, no matter what your color and that her job was to help poor people of any race.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Andrew Breitbart, or whoever edited the tape, would fit in well with the WT writing department.

You know, judicious cutting and editing ...

Syl

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Sounds like some folks jumped the gun before hearing the full story.

I plead guilty. I posted on snowbird's thread without having all the information. I went solely by the link and video that she posted. There turned out to be a lot more to the story than I had thought. You live and learn, I guess.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm also guilty.

Old fool that I am, you would think I'd know better.

*hangs head*

Syl

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I'm also guilty.
    Old fool that I am, you would think I'd know better.
    *hangs head*

Ah hah! remember, I told you yesterday that she should not have been fired and would (or should) be offered her job back.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I remember, JWoods.

I remember.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit