OMG! My MOM is asking for info???

by Morbidzbaby 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Brief history...my mother (love her dearly) is the MOST devout (okay, brainwashed) JW I know. Wouldn't hear ANYTHING that would cause her to doubt. My dad converted after 20-some-odd years, so I grew up with the "unbelieving father", my mom had the "unbelieving mate" and we were henceforth treated like dirt in the congregation...plus we were poor. Of course NOW, mom is the greatest thing since sliced bread and so is dad (wherase he was a worldly POS before). They have both made it plain that if I "leave the Truth", they cannot associate with me...that's whether I DA, get DF'ed, or just fade!

After the DC this time around (my very last, I'm proud to say), I became a bit depressed about how this is all going to go down. I love my parents, they've done so much for me since my separation, losing my kids, and my divorce. They're ON MY SIDE through this whole thing because they see what my ex is doing to me and they completely disagree with it...it's true, he's being a shit with his new wife and trying to delete me from my kids' lives. Anyway, my mom noticed I was down, asked why, and I just spilled it. Told her about my doubts, etc. After showing her about 1975 from the "Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God" (which she OWNS!!! Along with a buttload of other OLD books she's never looked at!), she said "Ask your dad"...I did... He had no real answers, but did the same thing as the WBTS and blamed it on the brothers and sisters from that time!! I showed HIM the chart and had him read the paragraphs and then he said "Write to the Society". A few weeks later, Mom and I are talking again and I explain my problem with the blood fractions. I bring up the UN connection as well and THAT caught her interest. I had danced around that one because she and my dad LOVE Ciro Aulicino's talk...they spent YEARS trying to get me and my ex to listen to it and I refused because after just the first 5 minutes, I was sickened! I explained to her the other day that I knew there was a reason I didn't like him, and THIS was why! She said "That's impossible...they wouldn't associate with the UN! That's the Wild Beast! Who told you that?? That's apostate!". So instead of telling me WHO told me, I told her it's on the UN website (it was for a long time, but it's not up anymore...thank goodness you guys are always on the ball cause I found another site that had the PDF lol). I told her I could print it out and show her, along with some other things...she said tearfully "I don't wanna see it...." After talking about 1975 again, I showed her the book again and I said "Can you admit they were wrong about that?". She said "I'll say no such thing!!". "But, Mommy...you SAW IT IN THEIR OWN BOOK!!!" "I don't wanna talk about this anymore..."

Cut to today...I'm about to leave the house to run some errands and she says "Ummm...MB? Can you print out that stuff about the UN that you were telling me about? I want to see it..." HOLY SH!T!!!! How the hell did that happen? She goes from not wanting to see it, not wanting to talk about it, to just bringing it up herself and asking me to print it out for her! I hope this is a crack that a little light can get through. My mom was severely abused as a kid (from her inactive JW mother) and was a prime target, ripe for the plucking, when the JW's knocked on her door as an adult. I hope with everything in me that I can help wake her up, though, knowing her, it's going to be a loooooooong process.

• bohm
    bohm

make damn sure you got the facts on your side. read every WT appolegist website you can get your hands on, beginning with this:

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

and make sure what you claim can be backed up 100% by documentation.

I would not start with the UN thing personally.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

That's great news! Her mind seems to be opening a bit.

Just a suggestion, though. Don't push too hard or she may get frightened and retreat to the shelter of the elders.

Also, be ready to assist her emotionally. I learned the truth about 'the truth' in my early 40's and felt depressed that so much of my life was wasted on waiting on Jehovah. If your mother is at or near retirement, it could be VERY rough for her.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Regarding the missing letter on the UN website... Seems to me that someone posted on a thread 6 or 9 months ago that it was moved. For some reason I seem to connect that find with poster SeatleNiceGuy but cannot be sure. I don't have time to search right now but maybe someone else knows how and where to find it. -Aude.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Keep it real,

And only show her, the contradictions and flip flops out of WTS literature only.

take as long as needed, getting her to see the "truth" about the troof will

take some time.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

bohm: I didn't want to start with the UN thing, believe me...lol it's a lot to prove and a lot to research. I researched it myself, but my mom doesn't have the um...aptitude for it. I've tried the blood thing, but that hits too much of a nerve... I've tried 1975, but that does too because it attacks the "Society" and she doesn't like that. But proof of their hypocrisy might help...she doesn't know how to use the internet, doesn't know anything about politics... But my dad does know about politics and this might be one for him to investigate. I know the basic premise of what went on with their affiliation and I've skimmed the apologist site before...

Aude: I've told her over and over through this whole thing that I love her...that I'm not trying to be rebellious....that I just want answers. I did make it clear to her that if I am to be DF'ed, I want her to know beforehand that it's not because I was trying to run ahead or start my own following...that I just want the TRUTH. I hugged her and told her "I love you Mommy...never doubt that...no matter what happens...I'll always be your daughter, I'll always love you, and I'll always be ME...MB...okay?". I'm ready and waiting with open arms for her to see the light. She's been in this for 34 years...so I know it's going to be rough.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

*sigh* OK... Sometimes I really worry about myself. While I should be searching for a job and sending out resumes or doing laundry or cleaning my house, I just HAD to search for that post from several months ago.

Lo and behold... Here's the link to page 3 in the thread where the relocated PDF is located:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/65609/3/CALL-TO-ACTION-Write-the-United-Nations

The letter about WTS NGO status has been moved to the PDF section on the UN's website. (seems that the UN has not updated the links in their search feature.

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

Now back to *my* life and *my* issues...!!

-Aude.

edit to add: I wrote this post BEFORE reading your comment to me. My *sigh* had NOTHING to do with you. I was searching while you were responding...!! Hope this link helps.

• wasblind
    wasblind

What about the generation teaching, did you hit her up about that?

Sept 15, 2010 WT pg 13 paragraph 8, states that whatever the GB write

in their literature is not from men but from God. The Reasoning book which

is still in use, states that the generation that was alive in 1914 will be the one to see the

end of this system, at all of the DC's they are saying they won't. we were always

taught that God cannot lie. So why is He lying now?

• startingover
    startingover

Just a warning, I got my father to read the UN thing, he blew it off saying that it was OK since JW's do share principles with the UN. Never underestimate the power of mind control.

• bohm
    bohm

MB: I know, you have some subjects where you think you can make a lot of impact and nothing happends, and then you suddenly get a long way on a really surprising subject :-).

I hope thinks does not get *worse* from your conversations, and you somehow end up with a compromise you are both happy about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit