Australians can you help this person?

by Gordy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

I received today an email from a friend who in turn where contacted by this lady in Sydney, Australia.

I post what she wrote, if any one in Australia can help or know of someone or group there that can help.

I will let you have her email address.

This what she sent , it will make you annoyed that again the JW are breaking up a family.

"My husband of 18 years became a Jehovah's Witness about 3 years ago and has decided to leave me and our 4 children because we are not following him
    into this cult. He told me that I am not the wife he wants,
    he wants a Jehovah's Witness wife..
    how can i get him un-brainwashed or can you put me in

contact with someone in Sydney Australia that I can talk to that has been in this
    situation please

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hi Gordy,

I’m not in Sydney but I’ve passed this on to someone who might be able to help.

Cheers!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Gordy, I'm in the Sydney Bethel area. Before 'jumping in' I would think that there must be more to the story. Has your friend told you any more details?

I DO believe that the dubs break up families but I know that they would not encourage a new convert to abandon his wife and children.

Another thing that makes me wonder at the veracity of this is the sentence:

He told me that I am not the wife he wants, he wants a Jehovah's Witness wife

That just isn't on! If he were to try that, he'd be DFed for adultery.

In short, more information needed.

cheers,

Ozzie

• andy5421
    andy5421

If he divorces her for any other reason then for adultery that could lead either to a reproof or possible DF

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think he just wants out of the marriage and is using religion as an excuse

if he is as devoted as he claims to be, he would know this is not a scriptural basis

for divorce according to the witnesses. Even wives of unbelieving husbands are

told to win unbelieving mates over by example. He's one of those witness who

pick and choose what rules he wants to follow. We have quite a few of them on

this board.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I bet he has already picked out that witness wife

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

He probably thinks that if he leaves her, she will commit adultery before he does, thus freeing him to marry a JW. Like wasblind says, he's probably already got one picked out

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

''I bet he has already picked out that witness wife''

I did know a brother who was married to an unbelieving lady, he had a big crush on a witness sister... seemed he really wished for her. To his credit, he saw through himself and re-concentrated on his wife and marriage.

oz

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am happy to talk to her if she would like. You can PM me her details or there is an email link on jwfacts.com that she can send an email to.

If he has been a JW for 3 years it may be hard to change his mind, but she needs to know how to protect her children from his teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit