Do you think Major Conspiracy Theorists have some very serious mental issues?

by asilentone 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

O and the WORST conspiracy theorists, are the ones who say the Governing Body is NOT the faithful and discreet slave. They actually think they are misleading God's people

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think a better definition of conspiracy theorists are people who make outlandish claims about secret people in power, (who are almost always unnamed and just some anonymous "they") What I notice most about them is they never have any solid evidence for their claims, just unproven conjecture. Anyone can do that. It takes no special knowledge or intellect.

There have always been the rich and powerful of society who have made back room deals to carve up the pieces of the pie for themselves. This is nothing new and is not some big secret conspiracy. It is just human nature. So is the claiming of special knowledge of such secret goings on by those who really have none. I think it is just a way for the powerless (and sometimes mentally ill) to make themselves feel more important and less powerless.

However, in the "real world" it is not what you "know" that counts, it is what you can prove. Conspiracy theorists can never prove their claims. Yet they insist they are true. That's why everyone thinks there nuts. It's not that everyone is conspiring against them. It's just that "normal" people in society know you have to be able to back up what you say with some credible evidence before you will be taken seriously by anyone else.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

EndofMyesteries:

Have you ever read Captains and the Kings, an old book written almost 40 years ago that explains how the Council On Foreign Relations essentially rules the world?

LRG

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Littlerockguy - no never read it or even heard of it. I've only read and seen modern things for the most part, not even really books and such, more records, videos, news reports, things like that.

For example......listen to this 5 minute announcement by JFK, asking for help and saying that a secret society is infiltrating and taking over many things, and that he was not going to tolerate it in his administration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZk8ronces

• wenaolong
    wenaolong

Define "conspiracy" and define "theorist" and then, pray define "conspiracy theorist". Give a good definition too. Is it definitive or merely pejorative? Does the meaning of "theorist" here exist on par with meanings for that word when we speak of say "string theorist"? How about "conspiracy"? What does it mean to be a conspiracy? What exactly IS a conspiracy. What will be a conspirator, then?

If you think about these terms carefully enough, you may find that you have a very interesting question after all. But let's see, I wouldn't want to steal your thunder, since you've put out a very provocative question and no doubt have something to say on the matter yourself...

• free2beme
    free2beme

Yes, I do. But some do it as sport, or hobby and I doubt their faith in what they actually say and write.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit