another song book fast one

by elderelite 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

This one is not as bad as some others but notice the new wording in the last vs ..

first the old song book..

*** Ssb song 15 Life Without End—At Last! ***
    Paradise all will enjoy
    As they sing of God’s glory.
    Yes, ev’ry day we will say
    To God our Maker, “Thanks!”

and now the new

*** sn song 55 Life Without End—At Last! ***
    Paradise all will enjoy
    As we sing of God’s glory.
    Long as we live, we will give
    To God, our Maker, thanks.

very subtle, but the new song book, instead of point to paradise and the giving of thanks forever there, says simply "long as we live"... what? I cant but help wonder if this is a subtle way of shifting from "the paradse is near" to saying, in effect, "no matter how long this goes on we will give God thanks'. Its subtly telling JW's that the end is not near but we will still give thanks... just sayin

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Odd because the context of this song has always been future, I don't see a doctrinal need to change it.

Was saying "thanks" was too informal?

• ziddina
    ziddina

To me, it sounds like they're "hedging their bets" on "Armageddon", again...

"As long as we live" - as you said, ElderLite, "I cant but help wonder if this is a subtle way of shifting from "the paradse is near" to saying, in effect, "no matter how long this goes on we will give God thanks'..."

In other words, when "Armageddon" doesn't show up - AGAIN - the "Rank&File" will continue being the Governing Body's obedient slaves... As Long AS THEY LIVE...

Chilling...

Zid

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Do any of the new songs have subliminal messages like Stairway to Heaven???

I bet if you play From House to House backwards you might hear.....

There’s no escaping it,
    Nor his woes..
    So here’s to my Sweet Elder.
    The one who’s little path
    Would make me sad,
    Whose power is New Understanding of Generation.
    He’ll give you 1914.
    there was a little MS,
    where he made
    us suffer sad Society.
  • pirata
    pirata
    Long as we live, we will give

Hmmm... The setting of that song is in the paradise. I guess that means we can still die in paradise if we don't follow the rules.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Long as we live? I thought we were supposed to live suffer forever, not for any finite period of time.

• 10west
    10west

"Hmmm... The setting of that song is in the paradise. I guess that means we can still die in paradise if we don't follow the rules."

Just lik Adam, the woman, and Satan. Obedience to the death, or disobedience to the death. Yet one is conquerable, yes? LOL

God's laws apply to men AND angels, if we can't hang, see ya! wouldn't wanna be ya! LOL

• 10west
    10west

"Do any of the new songs have subliminal messages like Stairway to Heaven???"

Maybe, as both Michael and Satan have a little fun throughout time.

Like this one, as Jehovah's Witnesse teach Israel is not just believing jews of the 144,000, but like Cornelius, people of all nations can be approved as the "Israel of God", so even in the name, apparently is the branding of that:

Jehovah's witnesses

Je______ w___s___

&

Je______ w__esses

Jews and Jewesses

Take a wave recorder, and say Michael's name (Michael) in english in it as a recording, and reverse the wave in a sound editor.

Now, if you play it, you can hear Michael say something about Satan, or is it Satan saying something about Michael. I'm not sure, as Michael never raised an abusive term, but maybe it is not that abusive anymore. Hmmmm

Try it.

• 10west
    10west

Take a wave recorder, and say Michael's name (Michael) in english in it as a recording, and reverse the wave in a sound editor.

Now, if you play it, you can hear Michael say something about Satan, or is it Satan saying something about Michael. I'm not sure, as Michael never raised an abusive term, but maybe it is not that abusive anymore. Hmmmm

Try it.

So what do YOU hear? Please reply, if you can hear it, then we can start getting into some Soungarden! Who is the SuperUnkown? Micael, or Satan?

What do you think? Please reply.

Thanks

• 10west
    10west

Maybe my typing accidental answered it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit