Broken nose and bumble bee stings

by crapola 16 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

Well this morning I walked into a door and probably broke my nose. It is very sore,bruised and swollen. And this afternoon bumble bee stung me in 3 places. So, this has been an interesting day. Hope everyone else has had a better one than I have.

• Mythbuster
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

Bees can only sting you once. Perhaps it was a wasp?

Ice the nose! If broken you may have breathing problems later. If you can get to someone asap who can manipulate it back in place it might prevent having to have surgery later.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Sting

Queen and worker bumblebees can sting. However, unlike a honey bee's stinger (and also like those of other bees), a bumblebee's stinger lacks barbs, so they can sting more than once.[19] Bumblebee species are not normally aggressive, but will sting in defence of their nest, or if harmed. Female cuckoo bumblebees will aggressively attack host colony members, and sting the host queen, but will ignore other animals (including humans) unless disturbed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well thanks for that bit of info, Mythbuster! Sorry, crapola, I thought it applied to all bees. I have only seen one bumblebee this year. But we do have a LOT of wasps around.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Mythbuster, living up to his name

Sorry to hear it Crapola. Do something nice for yourself this afternoon.

• crapola
    crapola

This little bumble bee was in my kitchen and I gues I scared it. It flew at me and I swatted at him and he got me on the neck, then went down inside my shirt. Needless to say it came off really fast but not before he got 2 more good stings on my arm. It was definitely a bumble bee. Black with yellow stripes.

As for my nose, I really don't think it's broken now, just badly bruised. It's so strange how fast a person can get hurt in their own home though. Any other experiences of things like this happening to you good people?

• Think About It
    Think About It

Crapola.......crap you are having a bad day. Stay away from sharp objects the rest of the day.

Think About It

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I told you to lay off the sauce, at least until noon.

• beksbks
    beksbks

When I was a kid my dad would say "Well you're just accident prone aren't you?" He was right.

I cut or burn myself almost every night while cooking. My husband doesn't even bother to respond anymore, unless it's a bored sort of "what have you done now?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit