NYT Article About Rutherford's Arrest

by Bangalore 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

Revelation 11:3-6 "Meanwhile, I'll provide my two Witnesses. Dressed in sackcloth, they'll prophesy for 1,260. These are the two Olive Trees, the two Lampstands, standing at attention before God on earth. If anyone tries to hurt them, a blast of fire from their mouths will incinerate them—burn them to a crisp just like that. They'll have power to seal the sky so that it doesn't rain for the time of their prophesying, power to turn rivers and springs to blood, power to hit earth with any and every disaster as often as they want.

7-10 "When they've completed their witness, the Beast from the Abyss will emerge and fight them, conquer and kill them, leaving their corpses exposed on the street of the Great City spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, the same City where their Master was crucified. For three and a half days they'll be there—exposed, prevented from getting a decent burial, stared at by the curious from all over the world. Those people will cheer at the spectacle, shouting 'Good riddance!' and calling for a celebration, for these two prophets pricked the conscience of all the people on earth, made it impossible for them to enjoy their sins.

11 "Then, after three and a half days, the Living Spirit of God will enter them—they're on their feet!—and all those gloating spectators will be scared to death." MSG

Daniel 7:20-22 This new horn had eyes and a big mouth and spoke arrogantly, dominating the other horns. I watched as this horn was making war on God's holy people and getting the best of them. But then The Old One intervened and decided things in favor of the people of the High God. In the end, God's holy people took over the kingdom. MSG

Yes, it was foretold.

Not!!!

Syl

• sherah
    sherah

LOL at Mary and Syl!

Those WT-slanted predictions in the Rev book were the first of many wake up calls about the Org.

• Balsam
    Balsam

That article shows the society under Rutherford was undermining the governmental authority, it is no wonder they were arrested. Of course all charges were dropped against them later on. I think the article makes it much more clear what was going on. The WTS spin on it was nothing more than them trying to cover their butts.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit