If Adam and Eve were perfect, why did their immortality have to be sustained by the Tree of Life?

by I_love_Jeff 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

It was access to this tree that kept Adam and Eve in a "perfect" state. That is why they were kicked out of the Garden. Actually, they may not have found the fruit at the time of their expulsion. How can it be reasonably asserted that their bodies were in a perfect, immortal state when the facts tell us otherwise?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Watchtower-of-Babel/1419357171623331

http://www.watchtowerofbabel.com/

http://watchtowerofbabel.blogspot.com/

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Trying to equate logic or reason with the Bible is a fools errand, don't you think?
  • I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff
    If it can deprogram a cult member, I'll gladly take this journey.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since ancient mythology is frictional story telling, one could bend and twist it any many different directions.

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff
    Called eisegesis, perhaps?
  • prologos
    prologos
    perfect humans ( "all that was made, was very good" ), like perfect animals, perfect stars, are not immortal, but die, to make room for improved new models. that what nature teaches. the tree of life story and the twirling swords after the snake talked, well, are myth.
  • enigma1863
    enigma1863

I brought something like this up before:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/272966/did-satan-sin

So Adam and Eve died from a small sin of eating a piece of fruit. If sin causes death why is Satan not dead?

Why didn't Adam and eve die that very day like god said? Why punish a snake if it was just being used by Satan? Would Adam and eve have died from sinning if they ate from the tree of life first?

Is Satan still perfect if he disobeys god? Did humans make the first sin?

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Jehovah's Witnesses say that immortality and everlasting life are two different things.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150329094928AAUXXIN

Immortality=quality of life

Everlasting=???

Questions From Readers
    ▪ What is the difference between immortality and everlasting life?
    Endless life will be enjoyed both by anointed ones receiving spirit life in heaven and by humans whom God declares righteous for life on the Paradise earth. So if you think about the outcome, immortality in heaven and everlasting life on earth result in basically the same thing—living forever. There are, though, some comments about immortality that can be made.
    The Greek word translated “immortality” (athanasia) is formed from the negative a and from thanatos, meaning “death.” Immortality thus has the basic sense of ‘without death,’ or deathlessness. Understandably, Jehovah is the absolute source of all life and is immortal. (Psalm 36:9; 90:1, 2) This is confirmed by the fact that his glorified Son, who now “is the reflection of [God’s] glory and the exact representation of his very being,” is described as “the King of those [men] who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, the one alone having immortality.” (Hebrews 1:3; 1 Timothy 6:15, 16) No creature can take Jesus’ life as an immortal, which makes him different from humans or spirits that can die. Further, we read: “Now that [Christ] has been raised up from the dead, [he] dies no more; death is master over him no more.”—Romans 6:9.
    Though immortality is, in a sense, everlasting life, immortality apparently implies more than that its possessor will live forever. It seems to indicate a particular quality of life, and it is linked with incorruption. The Bible says about spirit-anointed Christians who receive the heavenly reward: “This which is corruptible [in its human body] must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality. But when this which is corruptible puts on incorruption and this which is mortal puts on immortality, then the saying will take place that is written: ‘Death is swallowed up forever.’”—1 Corinthians 15:53, 54.
    Still, the Bible does not provide much detail about the quality of life termed immortality. We do know that mortal humans—even perfect humans having the prospect of endless life on earth—must eat and drink to maintain life, or they die and their bodies experience corruption. (Genesis 2:9, 15, 16) No doubt immortality involves a quality of life that does not need to be sustained like that. Thus it could be said that all who become immortal are not subject to death or that ‘death is master over them no more.’ That would harmonize, too, with their receiving incorruptibility, indicating that their spirit body or organism is inherently beyond decay, ruin or corruption. (Compare 2 Corinthians 5:1; Revelation 20:6.) In these ways a difference might be seen between immortality and everlasting human life.
    Jehovah God is the perfect Judge who rewards anointed ones with immortality. When he in his boundless wisdom and insight determines such ones to be completely tested and unquestionably qualified for immortality, we can trust that they will forever be faithful. All whom Jehovah judges worthy of endless life, whether as immortal spirits or as perfect humans, will be able to worship him forever. Thus, in the final analysis, both everlasting human life and immortality in heaven result in endless life.—John 17:3.
    4//1984 pg.30 Question from Readers Watchtower Mag.

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff
    Difference between immortality and everlasting life?????????
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Your answer regarding immortality and everlasting life is spot on, as far as witness doctrine is concerned.

according to dubbie doctrine the differance is that immortality (a greek concept btw) is "a spring of life inside of the person that dosent need to be sustained". Everlasting life is living forever but being sustained by external forces (meaning the desert god).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit