Biggest Reason For My Leaving....

by Fester 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Fester
    Fester

I wanted to share with everyone, why I left religion all together, in favor of thinking for myself, and believing in myself.

In the bible, there are of course several accounts which I consider to be barbaric and gruesome. I also consider the worst accounts to be inhumane. If the bible god is consistent in one thing, it is the continuing theme of inflicting torture and torment on humanity. Some examples:

2Ki 2:23 He went up from there to Bethel, and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!"

2Ki 2:24 And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.

2Ki 2:25 From there he went on to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

In my opinion, this is nothing more than the self-exaltation of a bible character. Some young men called Elisha "bald head" and for that, 42 of them were murdered by God's bears.

This of course in no way reflects the more populous of the bible god's crimes, though. The most horrific event would have to be the flood where sharks, crabs, lobsters and numerous sea life were allowed to live through something that killed infants, puppies and kittens all gasping for air, while a select few were able to live on.... That's the same theme the WT Soc wants people to believe.

The bible god decided to wipe out land creatures for what mankind did. It totally lacks any sense whatsoever. The absurdities of the bible led me to awaken to a new search, and almost immediately, I located the deist website, with the articles by Thomas Paine and others.

Amazing stuff, folks. I highly encourage ex-dubs to check into it, and any Christians that may be here as well.

Nothing was more liberating than knowing that I no longer need to fear an ancient book character.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Elisha seems to be bald and sensitive

• BANE
    BANE

Man...Jehovah is REALLY cleaning out his organization in this last part of the last days. Too cool! I am sure you will not be the last. Only those that endure till the end will be saved. See? Since I won´t leave...I can actually ASK Jehovah your question and get a good answer. I can ask Noah what it was like.

Why don´t you wait until that time and not be so stubborn now?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane, how come you never became a JW?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Alot of Witness kids at my Kingdom hall are lucky jehovver doesn't send some bears their way!!!!!!

Bad punishment for kid's being, well....kids.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Man...Jehovah is REALLY cleaning out his organization in this last part of the last days. Too cool! I am sure you will not be the last. Only those that endure till the end will be saved. See? Since I won´t leave...I can actually ASK Jehovah your question and get a good answer. I can ask Noah what it was like.
    Why don´t you wait until that time and not be so stubborn now?

We're all going to have a good laugh about this in the Afterlife. So petty.

-Sab

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Also, why were 42 kids killed I mean 42!!!!! Thats like a huge mob of children yelling insults?????

• Fester
    Fester

I actually left the organization several years ago, Bane. Also, when did the "last days" start? If, as Revelation says in chapter 1, the "time was short" then, and "every eye" was supposed to see him, including those who pierced him. In Mark 16, Jesus told Caiaphas that he would see him coming on the clouds at his return (meant for back then, just as Paul's letters were intended for those back then 2000 years ago too).

The fact of the matter is that the bible has little use for the sane and logical thinking mind.

Also, have you considered that many people are truly HUMBLE, and don't really care about being "saved" from anything?

Welcoming death as a natural end to existence is probably a more humbling character trait than those who selfishly want to live forever anyway.

Besides, who wants to be surrounded in eternal life with Jehovah's Witnesses?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Besides, who wants to be surrounded in eternal life with Jehovah's Witnesses?

Governed by a God who destroys on whims.

"Hey honey how did your day go?"

"Not great, Billy got turned into salt."

"Man that's 20 this week?"

"And that's JUST the salted ones!"

-Sab

• Fester
    Fester

LOL...

It really is amazing when I look back on the lack of intelligence required to believe in the superstitions presented in the bible.

The bigger amazement is that I believed in something I could never speak directly to and hold a conversation with. The deist articles really helped me open my eyes to just how blind I was with religion. In any court of law, hearsay isn't evidence of anything. The same goes for all the bible stories.

A quote from the deist website....

"Revelation, or revealed religion, is defined in Webster's New World Dictionary as: "God's disclosure to man of Himself." This should read, "God's alleged disclosure to man of himself." For unless God reveals to each of us individually that a particular religion is truly His disclosure to us of Himself, then, by believing that religion, we are not taking His word for it, but we are instead putting our belief in the person or institution telling us it is so. This is what we are doing when we believe in any revealed religion, and that's all Christianity is. It's a revealed religion like many others such as Islam and Judaism. Revealed religion gets dangerous however, when it crosses over the line into politics. This is the admitted goal of the Christian Coalition. God allegedly revealed to Pat Robertson and his Coalition, that He wants them to take over America and eventually the world with "His Word," so the laws of the nations will mirror the laws in the Bible, which, if you know what's in the Bible, is terrifying. This, too, is what the Ayatollah's goal was, only his "revealed word of God" was the Koran, an other revelation. Are we to believe Pat when he says the Bible is revelation of God's Word?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit