Is it okay for a JW to do hookah?

by asilentone 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Google is a wonderful tool for questions like this.

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1R2RNTN_enUS362&q=hookah&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CATeX7lc6TNbxK4LeNfLYnZAKAAAAqgQFT9BmgXo

*** yb77 p. 56 India ***Some would be smoking a hookah (a water-cooled pipe with a stem two to three feet long). But these individuals would be turning from scripture to scripture as God’s truth was explained to them. They were all nominal Christians associated with various sects of Christendom except Roman Catholic, as very few Catholic groups were in this area.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Blondie, I agree that google is a wonderful tool for questions like mine, I still want to ask the folks here anyway, it is very educating for us to learn something new.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

You can get DF'd or reproved for IMPROPER use of tobacco, which would imply that there is a proper use...

• asilentone
    asilentone

what would be the proper use of tobacco?

• asilentone
    asilentone

just do not smoke it or chew or dip, right?

• yknot
    yknot

Ingesting tobacco to kill off intestinal worms/parasites is okay by WTS standards...... but since we live in America, I would suggest a prescription instead!

There are other medicinal uses too but again with modern medicine.....it is kinda pointless.

Tobacco has properties that were being studied as a possible Parkinson's inhibitor....

• wobble
    wobble

XPeterX It was O.K for the patriarch in Genesis to do a Hooker though. The WT's squirming explanation of this is really funny.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The Bible is against becoming a slave to bad habits. In this sense, using tobacco but not becoming addicted would be okay.

The Bible says that it's not what we put inside that defiles a man. In this sense, using tobacco would be okay.

The Bible says that it's bad to defile one's temple, their body. That would make tobacco bad, but how?

The dots do not connect with that last one.

Love hookah! (not hooker)

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

A proper use would be a 1992 Padron with a glass of 21 year old Aberfeldy.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit