Was the JW Blood Doctrine Fred Franz's baby?

by Think About It 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It

WOW........never thought about Woodworth's possible involvement or a possible racial angle to the blood doctrine. Anybody know what the Morman position was on a white person receiving a "Negro person's" blood during that time period?

Think About It

• JWoods
    JWoods

People - let's just keep in mind that the racial angle mentioned here is purely wild speculation.

• snowbird
    snowbird

"Wild speculation" my big toe!

Just remember if it should ever come to light, I called it.

Syl

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Just remember if it should ever come to light, I called it.

I will remember it, Sylvia. But it is still a flight of fancy until evidence is uncovered.

Remember, you also speculated that the society put a black elder on the Ray Franz committee deliberately to humiliate him.

Some of these personal opinions may have interest, but they don't carry the weight of fact without evidence.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Remember, you also speculated that the society put a black elder on the Ray Franz committee deliberately to humiliate him.

I stand by said speculation.

Just remember if it should ever come to light, I also called it.

Syl

• JWoods
    JWoods

OK, Sylvia. OK.

• yknot
    yknot

My 'understanding' ....

Clay was the 'ideas' man whose purpose was to find areas to create division (persecution)..... and yes he pitched the blood transfusion to Rutherford, who declined.

Rutherford passes.....

Franz takes it out of the 'folder' and runs with it........why because Knorr was establishing himself, bans are a great way to get JWs stirred up!

Later bans: Birthdays and Organ Transplants.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"After the Judge's death, as World War II was ending and persecution against the Witnesses began declining, along with the attendant drop in news-media publicity, Hayden C. Covington told the author [of THE FOUR PRESIDENTS] that Fred Franz saw the prohibition against blood transfusions as a way to accomplish two things: to continue to publicize the religion, and to create an uproar in the community.This reaction would convince the membership they were being "persecuted" and "suffering for righteousness sake," a sure sign they were "in the truth."

According to Jerry Bergman, author of BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS: A HISTORY AND EVALUATION OF THE RELIGIOUS, BIBLICAL, AND MEDICAL OBJECTIONS, 1994, p. 5:

"The blood issue has brought witnesses more publicity than any other issue in the last twenty years."

"The ban on blood transfusions was an effort to solidify the Knorr administration." [Knorr initially objected to the weird scriptural interpretation justifying the abstaining from blood; he understood the scriptures to be in reference to animal blood only. Nevertheless, he went along with the ban.]

"Key Watchtower officers held a view of distrust toward the medical profession."

"Some high level Watchtower official naively reasoned that, if eating blood was wrong, blood transfusions were also wrong because they are 'intravenous' feeding as opposed to extravenous feeding, or normal eating."

While Rutherford swallowed some irrational rantings by Franz and Woodworth over the beginnings of the blood issue, he would not allow publication of FWF's "special knowledge" as "new light" in THE WATCHTOWER. The two mischief makers kept things stirred up and began convincing others, including Knorr. The author was told that now that "King Saul" [FWF] is dead, the leadership would like blood transfusions to be a matter of conscience and lay the blame for all the suffering at the feet of Franz and Woodworth.

THE FOUR PRESIDENTS OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES), Edmond C. Gruss, Editor, pp.74, 75, 231

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/126825/1/Persecution-Wanes-Banning-Blood-Garners-Publicity

• Think About It
    Think About It

CoCo........thank you so much. I went back and read the link to your thread 3 years ago on the same subject. Very interesting and enlightening. I encourage everyone to read it.

Think About It

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello, Think!

Glad you found it. This is the crux of the entire matter. Perhaps, one day, the following will sink in:

[...] the leadership would like blood transfusions to be a matter of conscience
    and lay the blame for all the suffering at the feet of Franz and Woodworth.

Have a good day.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit