"Judicial committee"

by Newborn 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

It strongly bothers, upsets and irritates me that they call it JUDICIAL COMMITTEE!!! Who do they think they are????!!!!!!!

As if it's a real supreme court with real lawyers and judges

Are they even aloud to call it Judicial???

The peple who sits in these committees are un-trained, regular people with no experience as to the things they should handle. They often hurt and destroy more than they help. This is NOT tender brotherly love and NOT god's will.

HATE IT!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I took the easy way out and never got baptised because I knew that they would eventually throw me out for disagreeing with them.

I recently had a discussion about their JC protocol with my father. He looked me in the eyes and lied to me about their protocol to make his cult look less .... well ....... cultish.

I didn't bother to tell him I had the Elder's manual. He knew he was lying. I didn't need him to admit it to me. I can sleep at night.

Cheers

Chris

• blondie
    blondie

I found it interesting that the WTS patterns the JC after the judges in the gates of Israel, only in that case it was not secret but in full view of the people in the gates.

*** it-1 p. 518 Court, Judicial ***The local court was situated at the gate of a city. (De 16:18; 21:19; 22:15, 24; 25:7; Ru 4:1) By “gate” is meant the open space inside the city near the gate. The gates were places where the Law was read to the congregated people and where ordinances were proclaimed. (Ne 8:1-3) At the gate it was easy to acquire witnesses to a civil matter, such as property sales, and so forth, as most persons would go in and out of the gate during the day. Also, the publicity that would be afforded any trial at the gate would tend to influence the judges toward care and justice in the trial proceedings and in their decisions. Evidently there was a place provided near the gate where the judges could comfortably preside. (Job 29:7) Samuel traveled in a circuit of Bethel, Gilgal, and Mizpah and “judged Israel at all these places,” as well as at Ramah, where his house was located.—1Sa 7:16, 17.

*** it-2 p. 234 Legal Case ***A person with a civil matter or a complainant in a criminal matter would bring his case to the judges. The other party would be called, witnesses were gathered together, and the hearing was conducted usually in a public place, most often at the city gates. (De 21:19; Ru 4:1) The judges would question the litigants and examine the evidence and testimony. They would render a verdict without delay unless evidence was lacking, or if the matter was too difficult, the judges would refer the case to a higher court. Sentences, such as flogging and the death penalty, were carried out immediately. There was no provision in the Law for imprisonment. Custody was employed only in a case in which Jehovah had to be consulted for a decision.—Le 24:12; see COURT, JUDICIAL; CRIME AND PUNISHMENT.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Interesting Blondie, but I'm sure they have a good explanation to why they don't follow these examples and why they never have any witnesses to these committees

JWs always have their own rules.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They don't have any good examples.

I have never heard a Dub defend the secret judging of guilt, innocence, or repentance of a member of the congregation, except to deceive the listener into believing that they don't do that.

Cheers

Chris

• freydo
    freydo

They don't have any good explanations/examples because they're a destructive, mind controlling, cult!! Good riddance.

• St George of England
    St George of England

In a real court of law, you are allowed to be legally represented, you are allowed to take notes, and an official transcript of the proceedings is made for inspection.

In a JC none of these things are allowed.

George

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

You can't compare theocracy with democracy.

• blondie
    blondie

Newborn, don't they have good reasons for any twisted thing they do. I just found it interesting how they pick and choose from the bible to support their nonscriptural doctrines/policies.

• teel
    teel

Theocracy more often than not sounds a lot like dictatorship. And not from God either...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit