Know of a searchable NWT other than WT-CD or clone thereof?

by blondie 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Not the www.watchtower.org one, not searchable by word or phrase.

• bohm
    bohm

blondie, i made a program to extract the text from the CD once, what do you want to do the CD is unable to?

• blondie
    blondie

I can't use my CD at work and there are times I am looking for a scripture in the NWT but cannot search on the wt.org one by word or phrase.

• bohm
    bohm

blondie - im not sure i am of much use then. i can easily dump the entire bible as a text file, but im not sure that is of much use - i suppose you want the word index and stuff like that, and the CDs search system is more advanced than ctrl+F.

Are you completely unable to install anything on the computer, or is it only the CD drive thats missing?

• blondie
    blondie

We are blocked out of putting non-work CDs at my work, a recent arrangement since I used to be able to do it....

But now I can access my messages on hotmail and att...not a good exchange.

Thanks, bohm.

• bohm
    bohm

how about installing something like daemontools and downloading the ISO file, then mount the ISO and install the watchtower program without using a CD? (not sure if the security settings prohibits this)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I have a NWT module for the OLD version of e-sword, if that would help.

• Black Sheep
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Can you run the WTLIB off a USB stick, or would that be flouting the spirit of the rules?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Doesn't the 2010 CD come with a mobile version, for PDAs? Is that searchable?

Answered my own questions. It does and the ReadMe says it's searchable. Is that an option for you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit