Question about private reproof and weddings

by JerkhovahsWitless 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

May we ask what approximate age we're talking about?

Young people in the Borg think it doesn't make a difference but it does. You do not want to be saddled with a permanent relationship when it's basically the first and only relationship you've ever really had.

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

JWoods: Just a thought - is he absolutely sure that she is really a die-hard JW? Maybe she entertains thoughts about getting out of it too?

He's pretty sure. Her entire family is that way to the point that the way he describes them makes them sound insane. Everything is perfect, happy and wonderful in Watchtower World. Its a reason why he hasn't attempted to expose too much about the cult to her because any mention that isn't praising the WT, turns his GF into cult GF.

OnTheWayOut: Thank you for more details on what might happen. So it sounds like as long as their privileges are back before the wedding there shouldn't be a problem unless some jerk of an elder is the one marrying the kids. (The wedding is towards the end of this year, but not quite 6 months away. I should have said 4th quarter 2010). I want to reply more to your response, but I keep backspacing it away. I don't want to give out too many details or talk about his private information too much.

MadSweeney: May we ask what approximate age we're talking about?

One is under 21. The other is right around 21.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Its a reason why he hasn't attempted to expose too much about the cult to her because any mention that isn't praising the WT, turns his GF into cult GF.

Well, sad to say, but he had better start cutting the cords in that case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit