How Forgiving is Jehovah?

by wannabe 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Wannabe,

Names don't get me uptight at all, my point is if you are gonna use a name for God, and it seems that the teachings if Jesus and HIM telling us to pray to Our Father are not enough for you, the least you can do is use the name that actually appreas in scripture, or is that too much to ask?

As fo Satan, he has no Power of those who are under the HS and have our Lord and Saviour in our heart, as James said, "resist the devil and he will flee".

Satan's power ended with Jesus authority over heavan and earth upon his resurrection and acension, as per John and Matthew.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD, God' wrath on those that mislead his children doesn't mean that God doesn't forgive, does it?

Look at a Jw as an exmaple, he/her misleads people to believe in doctrines of Man over the Gofts of God through Jesus, correct?

Yet if this person sees the errors of their ways and repent, will they not be forgiven?

If we as lowly humans can forgive, are asked to forgive, over and over, bu God, our very enemies, Can God do any LESS?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PSac

DD, God' wrath on those that mislead his children doesn't mean that God doesn't forgive, does it?

You're not being forgiven in you recieve God's wrath. His wrath is going to fall on some one, who will not be forgiven, otherwise it (His wrath) would not exist.

• designs
    designs

Seeing that so many miss the Cultural and Historical literary style of Jewish Bronze Age writings............

Why did this 'God' make a world he is so pissed at and has so little control over.......

And then needs, for some reason, to get even with mortals.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Designs

Seeing that so many miss the Cultural and Historical literary style of Jewish Bronze Age writings............
    Why did this 'God' make a world he is so pissed at and has so little control over.......
    And then needs, for some reason, to get even with mortals

Sorry for chilling your cup of coffee Who said he has no control over HIS creation?

Romans 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory-- 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

• designs
    designs

DD

But the big tenant of Calvinism's TULIP is the foreordination of damning the majority of humanity to Hell. Remeber he taught only an 'Elect' would get the good side of this God.........for the others, 20 Billion plus, its dum da dum dum the gallows walk into the eternal roaster..

Now that is control of a sorts, I'll grant you that.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Re: How Forgiving is Jehovah?

Jehovah, pardon me Jah, is as forgiving as we want him to be. He is as big, powerful, strong, protective and wonderful as we imagine him to me.

He is as near or far, present or absent, vengeful or loving as we decide. He is responsible for all the good or bad in the world or not responsible at all.

He is reachable or unreachable. He or more accurately it, is the thought that we express and only limited by the boundaries of our imagination. Praise Jah on high or low!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Designs

You'll notice I didn't quote Calvin.

Now that is control of a sorts, I'll grant you that.

I guess you as a dad would let everybody come in and beat up your kids.

• designs
    designs

DD, No you didn't, thought I'd throw that in for good reference since it informs so much of Protestant thinking on how passages are interpreted...literal or allegorical etc..

No, I always protected my kids the best I could..............I didn't let them become baptized JWs, No.1. But in the Baptist view and Calvin's view God is the ultimate beater upper, he's the Everyready Bunny of Beater Uppers.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Designs

No, I always protected my kids the best I could..............I didn't let them become baptized JWs, No.1. But in the Baptist view and Calvin's view God is the ultimate beater upper, he's the Everyready Bunny of Beater Uppers.

I didn't quote a Baptist or Calvin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit