Saturday afternoon session

by tiffy0212 4 Replies latest jw friends

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Has anyone sat thru the saturday session Allow nothing to distance you from Jehovah

Satan's Subtle Efforts Pride, Money, Health, Career, Recreation, Family and of course technology. I would like to know what this is all about this family thing. I'm sure something must have been said about unbelievers.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Here are my notes from Saturday

The part on family was about grieving when a close family member leaves. They used Gen 6:6 to show how Jeh was sad that Adam and Eve rebelled.

"It is very unwise to let [unbelieving family members] influence you."

Then the FDS had 3 things to remember:

Why your kids leave: They make their own choices when the grow up. Parents feel to blame, but don't blame yourself. (Gal 6:5- carry own load).

Respect the Disfellowshipping Arrangement: Take a stand against Satan (1 Pet 5:9) If you don't respect the arrangment, you can become a stumbling block and impede them from coming back. Don't blame others.

Maintain you own spirituality: Be loyal to Jehovah and his organization. "We have the secret to happiness." "Remain on a spiritual high if/when they come back." We have spiritual friends to confide in. Do not look for an excuse to associate with DF'd ones.

~That last thought cut through my heart. That is the cruelest form of punishment...parents having no natural affection.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I would go to saturday take notes and wipe my ass at the bathroom at the end of the day!

• Newborn
    Newborn

"We have the secret to happiness"

OMG! (Such BS)

/Newborn

• cantleave
    cantleave

Maintain you own spirituality: Be loyal to Jehovah and his organization. "We have the secret to happiness." "Remain on a spiritual high if/when they come back." We have spiritual friends to confide in. Do not look for an excuse to associate with DF'd ones.

Altogether now - give me a C give me a U give me an L give me a T and what have we got? ..........................Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit