Can you think of a scripture that best describes the WTS

by wasblind 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

2 timothy 3:7

"Always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sorry this has already been done, my apologies

• mouthy
    mouthy

They twist the scriptures to their own destruction

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes mouthy,

especially in their literature, looks like they need to fire the writers

everything they write comes back and bite them in the arse

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Matthew 15:9 - it is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrine.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Matthew 23 The whole chapter about the Scribes and Pharisees. Fits them to a T See

Matthew 23 and the WTS http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/35854/1.ashx

• peacedog
    peacedog

I also immediately thought of Matthew 23:27:

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Also, Eph 4:14 comes to mind:

So then, we may no longer be children, tossed like ships to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, the prey of the cunning and cleverness of unscrupulous men, gamblers engaged in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead.

Peace,

• yknot
    yknot

my favorite right now....

Gal 1:6-9

(Galatians 1:6-9) 6 I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ’s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. 7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

(Bethel Lurker: That is a nod to ol' Rutherford banning holy spirit in favor of communing with angels in guiding the WTS)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Matthew 6:23 But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! NLT - see also Luke 11:35

The WT has very bad eyes, seeing nothing good in anyone but themselves.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit