Chosen in 1919, but they didn't realize it until 1929

by UnConfused 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

And they have been "Captives Of a Concept" ever since .

• blondie
    blondie

***Know Jehovah book kj chap. 3 p. 53 par. 39 God’s Chariot Is on the Move! ***

As regards our twentieth century, the prophet Ezekiel well pictures the anointed remnant of Jehovah’s Christian witnesses since the year 1919 C.E., the critical year in which there was a revival of their public activities as foretold in Revelation 11:3-12. It is true that in 1919 this spiritual remnant did not appreciate Jehovah’s organization as they do today. It is also true that they did not then discern that Jehovah’s organization was prophetically pictured by the symbolic chariot in Ezekiel’s vision, not till the year 1929. Nevertheless, Jehovah’s heavenly organization was, of course, in existence in the year 1919 and it got in spiritual touch with the anointed remnant in that year to revive them as Jehovah’s public witnesses to all the world. That chariotlike organization was on the move then in 1919; it is on the move today, and apparently its wheels of progress are turning faster than ever. Jehovah rides again!

• designs
    designs

Classic F.Franz

Disraeli Gears.............

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Great find, Mary! Just wondering what the publishing year is of the 'Know Jehovah' book when they made this startling admission/explanation?

I couldn't get over their choice of words when they talk about Jehovah's heavenly organization getting 'in spiritual touch with' the anointed remnant to 'revive' them ... who exactly writes this stuff?? I'm thinking of telling any dubs that question my relationship with Jehovah that I am still in 'spiritual touch'...see how that flies...if I get any weird looks, I'll direct them to that page and paragraph in the Know Jehovah book!

• designs
    designs

MJNM-

I got one of those looks when I told a JW that God never leaves.

Know Jehovah was published in 1971, classic Franz 'Celestial Chariot' era stuff.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Thanks, designs! I'll have to see if I still have one of those in my little mouldy basement collection...

It is truly amazing how crappy this stuff sounds once the blinders are off and to think I lapped it up eagerly at the weekly book study at the time as if this came directly from God's chariot-like organization - NOT!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I had a search through the WT library.

According to the "World Government" (GO) book of 1977 Ch 8 pg 126 This is the chronology: - I paraphrase a bit

"The finishing of the dashing of the power of the holy people to pieces evidently occured on June 21 1918..." (This was the date the gang of 7 got sentenced to jail). When did it begin? Three and a half 'lunar' years back from June 21 1918 gives us December 28 1914.

"That date, December 28th 1914 was very appropriate... blah blah photo drama of creation served notice... end of gentile times"

I have to laugh I ever believed this. Laugh or I'd cry.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

To reject the 1919 date is to reject the authority of the FDS is my understanding.

• blondie
    blondie

Mary? I know we are both gorgeous blondies. Meeting Junkie. Know Jehovah (1971) and is still on the WT-CD 2009.

Love Blondie

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

....but no one sums up a WT like Blondie....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit