ok so how are you guys embedding You tube video's?

by misanthropic 18 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I can't seem to figure it our but everyone seems to be able to do it but me.

• yknot
    yknot

I just copy/paste the link directly on the page......

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

weird- I tried the normal link and the embedding code but neither seemed to work. i wonder if it's a Mac thing.

• villabolo
    villabolo

It took me a while, but I finally found the most pathetically simple solution there is.

CLICK AND DRAG. But not the large screen that is ready to play. It only works for those little screens on display to the right or the menu display when you do an initial search on You Tube.

Since you cannot do this with the larger, ready to play screens you, have to play anything else on the menu in order to transfer that video to the menu. Then you can click and drag it.

villabolo

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

After you get the Youtube video to display, click on the "share" button (facebook twitter etc), the link is there, copy and just paste it on your post. I don't know how Mac's work; so I don't know if this will work for you. But, anyway, that's how I do it.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Thanks MsD for posting that for me.

The ol drag and drop eh? I'll have to see if I can do that.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Well that stinks... doesn't seem to work for me and I used the small screen from the search. I give up .

• tec
    tec

I have a mac, so I know you an embed them.

After you copy/paste the link and put it in the comment place, then you highlight the link. Then you push the little intact link icon in the apps. Just above the smiley face, and to the left of the little tree.

Something comes up and prompts me to copy/paste the url again. I follow that and then the youtube video shows up when I submit.

Hope it works for you. I had to try a couple times before I got it right.

Tammy

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

i use firefox, i have to click on 'html' and input the link that contains the <a code. then return to writing the letter.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Don't give up.

Make the link to the video PAGE active, and the vid embeds automatically. You'll see. Do this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/forum/tech-support/170487/1/How-to-Post-an-Active-Link-on-JWN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit