10-yr old boy baptized

by Gayle 17 Replies latest social current

• Gayle
    Gayle

A 10-year boy is baptised at the Jehovah's Witness Assembly Hall. http://www.salisburypost.com/Lifestyle/070310-Jehovah_s-Witnesses-qcd

• asilentone
    asilentone

well one of my relatives is in one of the pics.

• asilentone
    asilentone

10 year old deaf boy, oh boy!

• asilentone
    asilentone

if you want to know which relative that I am talking about, you can PM me, but I will only tell only those I trust.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

holy cow, i was at the drama on sunday at that convetion in salisbury. a buddy of mine is a MS in one of the ASL congregations.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A 10 yr old boy is to take on the responsibility of instucting/educating a person about the bible??,and being accountable for his endeavours??as all ministers are??Can he explain the various interpretations of "this generation"....,that" blood must be poured out on the ground"Vs.blood donated by catholics & protestants,stored in a blood bank then processed in a laboratory into fractions,and accepted by jw`s without sanction is a conscience decision??.....? while anybody who takes blood is either disfellowshipped,or considered a disacociated person who is treated the same as a dfd person???? And the list goes on,and on and on.

smiddy

• Jesika
    Jesika

I got baptized at a CA (circut assembly....cant believe i rememebered that) at the age of 14.....I wore a smiley face t shirt.....cause I did it to

get df'd....was my only way out of it before I was 18yrs.

Do I think a 10yr old can make that kind of commitment?? Nope....but in the dubs corrupt institution....I think he thinks so....very sad indeed.

I saw getting baptized as a way out.........and I did....9 months later.

It breaks my heart....cause I know this young man thinks he is doing a good thing.....but there are so many other great things he could do with his life...if only given the right direction.

Jes

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Why did the kid wait so long? Lack of faith?

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

Thats exactly what I was thinking Gladiator. I got baptized when I was 4.

In all seriousness this really sucks for this boy. I got baptized when I was 13 and I had no idea the commitment I was making, nor did I realize the long term effects that would take place when I got older.

Sick.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Does this kid understand what he can, and cannot do in his bedroom from now on and for the rest of his life?

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit