Convention Starts Today for My Little JW Daughter

by snowbird 29 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

She's going to leave before the session ends in order to get to work.

That's a first for her!

One step at a time ...

Syl

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

OMG!!!!...... I remember my good ol' days....getting there at 7am. leaving at +8pm helping with the cleaning. Remember the times I was asked to help out as attendant, would actually go to an entire convention the previous or follwing week to fully pay attention and benefit from the program. Yup, that was me. Why is she "leaving" the session early, does she work a night shift or something?

Jedi Master.

• snowbird
    snowbird

She works at the university that she attends, has to report to work at 1 pm, so that means she has to leave during the lunch intermission.

She's always taken the day off before now!

I view that as a little chink in her armor.

Syl

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Good on her!! Every little step counts :)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, indeed.

The economy is really, really bad here - unemployment in the double digits.

I like it that she's being pragmatic about the siuation.

Syl

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

sylvia,

I think its a good sign, for me the convention was one of the first things that made me realize my enthusiasm was fading. It starts with daydreaming long trips to the restroom walks thru the hallways missing one day than two. The feeling of dread weeks before and than one day it all collapses and clarity begins.

lets hope its the beginning for her.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The same here for me, Nancy!

I noticed that she wasn't her useful, vibrant self this morning.

God is so patient and good ...

Syl

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! The days of getting excited about the upcoming assembly - NOT cause of the program but because of goign to get NEW outfits to prance around Philly in lookin CUTE and possibly find a mate (fingers crossed) - hahahahahahaha. UGH!

The last assembly, my mom was on my case about 'being humble' and going...I made it 1/2 a day, and at lunch, RAN outta there. It was just uncomfortable, boring, and so FAKE to me at that point...but then again, I had been DF'd and out the 'loop' for a good 6 mos at the time. I pray for all those GOING to the assembly, because the expense of traveling/eating, and the rhetoric they FEED everyone...it's enough to make me throw up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good morning Sylvia..

I see a bright future for your daughter..

She`s going to university,thats an eye opener for a young JW..

She`s already taking responsibility for her life..

I remember when most JW`s would quit their job to go to an assembly..

Your a lucky mom..

............................... ...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Outlaw, do you remember the days when they used to tell you that if your employer won't give you off for the assemlies/conventions to quit your job??

Once while giving a talk an elder used the most stupid analogy. He talked of Shadrach, meshach and Abednego and then asked what we would do if our employer would not give us time off for the convention. He asked if we were afraid of being fired. He then said we should reflect on what Shadrach, meshach and Abednego did when they were fired. the whole cong loved his humor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit