What Is This All about?

by Bangalore 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Bane must be counting 'witnessing' time by preaching to us! Like it'll make a difference!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft
    None of you even believe the Bible anymore

What gives you the right to decide or presume what we all believe?

Loz x

• blondie
    blondie

I bet few jws even know of this site. I figure it is for the few jws who actually donate amounts worthy of reporting on their IRS tax report. Or it could be some tax law that requires it be offered, online donating seeing that the contact person is Philip Brumley, one of the WTS lawyers.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Peaches, So I guess Jesus was a hypocrite huh? He even uh...PAID the temple tax. The son of God did. And oh yeah...The Israelites contributed money in Soloman´s day to pay for the temple.

Um...yeah...Two biblical examples that destroy what you just said. Giving IS IN THE BIBLE! It IS SCRIPTURAL!!!

What a crock of shit!

Jesus PAID TAX and the Israelites contributed money NOT other nations

As for the Watchtower Society:

They have never had any interest in being a charity until they needed to have it as a front for tax evasion, always warned us of the hypocritical salvation army for wanting donations despite being one of the wealthiest organizations

AND THEN HAVE THE GALL TO DO IT THEMSELVES!

SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM... did i mention SCUM?

• blondie
    blondie

Jesus was viewed as legally required to pay tax but could have taken the "son" exemption but paid rather than create ill will.

(Matthew 17:24-26) . . .After they arrived in Ca·per′na·um the men collecting the two drachmas [tax] approached Peter and said: “Does YOUR teacher not pay the two drachmas [tax]?” 25 He said: “Yes.” However, when he entered the house Jesus got ahead of him by saying: “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth receive duties or head tax? From their sons or from the strangers?” 26 When he said: “From the strangers,” Jesus said to him: “Really, then, the sons are tax-free. 27 But that we do not cause them to stumble, you go to the sea, cast a fishhook, and take the first fish coming up and, when you open its mouth, you will find a stater coin. Take that and give it to them for me and you.”

The WTS takes the legal exemption...I don't find many if any religions in the US that pay taxes...they might make charitable donations, but not taxes. I figure some day, finances will force many countries to demand tax from religions that don't already pay.

• Quandry
    Quandry

? There is a section called Rant or Rave about the Watchtower? And they want comments? Hard to believe....

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Bane,Its true,I dont believe the bibical stuff anymore.That seems to be the fallback for Dubs,"Its in the Bible".Well,ok,it might be,but the bible just dosent mean anything to me other than a curious book.I think that you can take any written word and translate it to what you want.I wonder why you are here on this forum? Its not like any of us dont know the deal with Dubs.We know ALL about it.Seems to me that you are sort of typing to see your words in print.Do you count your time on this forum as field service time?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Omg,You DO,dont you!!????? Bwahahahahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit