Looking for scans of

by jamiebowers 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

the picture of a train falling off a cliff at 1975...

and

isn't there a photo of Russell's tombstone in one of the early publications? If so, what book was it, and does anyone have scan of it?

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

I don't have either, wish I could help.

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe Atlantis can help you.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I dont know if this is it or not...according to the website I found this it was from the old Paradise Lost, Paradise Regained (orange kids book).

http://www.jehovah.net.au/whats_wrong.html

Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3 How Are You Using Your Life? "Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end."

Snakes (Rich )

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Rich, thanks for the try. This picture is a train on a track with a dateline underneath it, and the track breaks, and I think the train goes over the cliff at 1975.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Yeah I remember that....the train was barreling down the tracks toward the date 1975 printed in bold print ...right?

• agonus
    agonus

Holy False Prophets, Batman! The Batmobile is being swallowed up in an earthquake!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

You can find the photos of the pyramid gravestone (not sure if its actually Russels) here and save it to your computer.

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/russell/charles-t.-russell-gravesite-rosemont-united-cemetery.html

Scroll halfway down the page to see the photos.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Yeah I remember that....the train was barreling down the tracks toward the date 1975 printed in bold print ...right?

Exactly right. It's been posted here a lot, but I can't find it despite searching.

Also, I was talking to a new poster who said a jw would say that the photo of Russell's grave was photoshopped, and I thought that couldn't be the case if the photo was in a Watchtower publication.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

From Awake! magazine October 8, 1968

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit