The "True" Generation teaching, just so it can be done away with finally lol.

by EndofMysteries 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The GB is stuck on MATTHEW. But if you go to LUKE 21:32 - (you'll see it's the same as matthew, says "this generation will be no means pass away until all things occur". You'll see it speaks of moon and sun darkened in vs 25 to 28 just as in matthew in the same spot.

Now if you go back further to Luke 21:20 STOP THERE! "When you see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near."

That's not in Matthew, in Matthew it says when you catch sight of the disgusting thing causing desolation.

The reason GB doesn't use Luke, is because it PROVES that Jesus in that particular instance, was speaking to the LITERAL generation, who LITERALLY saw the surrounding armies encamp Jerusalem and destroy it!

There, that's it. GB also probably knows if trying to apply a 'modern day' fulfillment, it 'would' be tied to Jesus presence, and since 1914 was wrong, they will do anything possible to apply generation to 1914, because they've made such a big deal about it, it can't be dropped

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Holy cow. for once I think you are right.

Mostly. at least the part about the GB.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

but...but...it has a second, larger fulfillment...right?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I got your larger fulfillment right here!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

lol well ty notverylikely

mythbuster - i don't 'think' that's a serious question, if so let me know

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

lol notverylikely

• Hadit
    Hadit

Good point EoM. Not much time on this board lately but I've read a few of your posts and although some are VERY long I don't think you are as crazy as some may say! I think what you see is part of a bigger picture that some might not see or don't want to. I don't like it but I see it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Interesting point EoM!

That goes along with the fact that they almost exclusively use Matt. for the "faithful and discreet slave class' misinterpretation. Luke 12:42- says almost the exact same thing as Matthew... BUT... while Matthew breaks the paragraph and starts the next para about the "evil slave", Luke continues the exact same thought, same paragraph, with that supposed "faithful steward" in vs.45 beginning to behave wickedly because the master delays. The GB wouldn't want to use Luke, because he makes it very clear that any slave is either faithful or evil depending on their actions, not on their ability to nibble crackers and sip wine once a year at the KH.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Luke 21:20 STOP THERE!

You have to stop there, because if you go any further you have to explain why Jesus didn't fall off his cloud at that time.

Cheers

Chris

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Thanks Hadit. Yes you understand and put it nicely, it's the bigger picture. All the pieces by themselves DO seem crazy, then the more you learn it's as you said, you don't like it and wish it wasn't so.

Billy - good point, I actually used Luke 12:42-48 to in discussion with Elders. When they asked questions, I said, first of all, lets make sure we are using the bible. They asked about faithful slave in Matt. I told them, "Well 'evidently' Luke 12 gives further insight on that....."

There is MORE then just the evil and faithful slave, in Luke 12:47,48 is speaks of "the slave that UNDERSTOOD THE WILL of his master but did not get ready or do in line with his will, WILL be BEATEN WITH MANY STROKES. But that one that DID NOT UNDERSTAND and so did things deserving of strokes will be beaten with few. Indeed EVERYONE whom much is given, much will be expected.

Jesus spoke in parables, MANY about those who will inherit the kingdom of the heavens. The marriage feast, those called and those invited. Those working in the field. The bride groom and his friends w/ the oil. The faithful slave is just yet another of those. Luke shows 4 possibilities, the evil one, who actually abused the servants. The FAITHFUL and DISCREET slave. Then the one who didn't do what he was supposed to, even though he knew. And the one who did not know what he was supposed to do.

At time of death or when Jesus comes, those who were called/chosen, etc will be put into one of these. Those faithful and discreet get to serve as Kings and Priests for the 1,000 year reign. That's how they are appointed over all his belongings. How can that happen while yet alive on earth, if they haven't proven themselves? There is no 'class'. When the time comes, all those are checked as to which of those 4 categories they fall into.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit