750 million for the soon-to-be-ex Mrs Tiger Woods!

by donny 12 Replies latest social family

• donny
    donny

When I heard that on the radio, I had to run to the PC to see if I heard that correctly. She gets 750 million for 5-6 years of marriage? Something tells me that there is more to this story than what we know. Already I hear folks on the talk show I am listening to making comments like dividing the 750 million by the number of women Tiger had an affair with and saying "Was it worth it?" Is there any reason for a single person who is making millions to get married anymore?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

If a person is single, worth millions, and doesn't have any moral hangups, they'd be a fool to get married.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm sure he thought he was safe because of the prenup.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Keyser, you brought up something I've been wondering but never researched. What is the point of a prenup if it doesnt do squat come divorce time?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hush money....she must have some serious JC material on him.

• donny
    donny

Hush money....she must have some serious JC material on him.

I concur with that statement. There is something else about this case that we don't know about. 750 million just for infidelity? Many more have before him have paid far less and were married for far longer. If she gets 750 mil, how mush is he worth?

• booby
    booby

Just to be fair, it comes down to more than just "gettin married". Apparently Tiger came to that point in life where he wanted to settle down, have a real relationship and a family. To bad his pecker wasn't of the same mind.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

October 01, 2009

Forbes: Tiger Woods is first athlete to reach $1 billion

Posted at 11:13 AM by Ryan Reiterman | Categories: Tiger Woods

It's good to be Tiger Woods. Forbes.com is reporting that Woods is the first athlete to reach $1 billion in earnings, beating out Michael Jordan and Michael Schumacher.

Woods earned more than $10.5 million in giant cardboard checks this year on the PGA Tour and added another $10 million last weekend by winning the FedEx Cup. According to Forbes, that little bonus was enough to push Woods over the $1 billion mark.

Forbes has been tracking athlete earnings since before Tiger turned pro. Woods had earned a cumulative $895 million going into 2009, by our estimates, from prize money, appearance fees, endorsements, bonuses and his golf course design business. If you add his $10.5 million in 2009 prize money, the FedEx bonus and his take so far this year from his more than $100 million in annual off-the-course earnings, Woods' career earnings are now 10 figures.

The article points out that only Woods's accountant truly knows if he's a billionaire, but one thing is certain: Tiger's money-making potential won't slow down anytime soon.

The most stunning part is that Woods is only 33 years old--he might have 15 years of competitive golf left in him, and 30-plus years of designing courses. This is only the first billion for Woods.

Woods has been the highest-paid American athlete for years, and the competition isn't even close. In this year's Fortunate 50, SI's annual ranking, Woods's estimated total earnings were nearly $100 million, far exceeding Phil Mickelson in second ($53 million) and LeBron James in third ($42.4 million). Amazingly, Woods made even more the year before, according to SI -- $128 million.

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2009/10/forbes-tiger-woods-is-first-athlete-to-reach-1-billion.html#ixzz0sT9Dc4I2
  • dgp
    dgp

Kind of makes you think that she will be thankful for his cheating .

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

More like a $100 million settlement. He is buying her silence. Under the prenup she would not have gotten no where near that amount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit