Joining a new religion after being a JW is like......

by exwhyzee 13 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Joining a new religion after being a lifetime JW would be like getting remarried at middle age after years of putting your heart, soul, faith, and commitment into it only to find out it was a hoax. I have been happily married for many years and if (god forbid) I should ever find myself single one day...I can't imagine ever wanting to remarry...especially not if I had been terribly betrayed as I feel I have been by this organization.

• yknot
    yknot

I attend with hubby......(not officially joined)

They are okay.......

After the WTS it is all about fellowhship.

I live in a rural area and his church has been a blessing in providing my children with a broader social circle and activity.

• sacolton
    sacolton

You never have to "join" ... all churches are open to visitors.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I haven't, and it would only be for fellowship, or if I found one with true bible students, to learn more and research same things, compare notes.

But when I did check out other ones......if trying to find closest to the bible -

If you believe many Jewish practices and law are still in effect, just only fulfilled it in the sense of the death penalty, then Messianic Jews might work for you.

If you believe Jewish law abolished fully, but the 10 commandments are ALL still in effect, 7th Day Adventists might work for you.

If you have no idea, just want to do your own thing but fellowship with those who atleast claim to be God fearing, a so called non denominational might work for you (but so far I've found most of there beliefs are generally born again/baptists)

If you believe the bible is fully corrupt and God brought an update or may have, then Islam or Mormon may be for you

If you believe God is ruling the world right now as we speak, is actually controlling the governments, and most of this truth is shroud in mystery and hidden from public - well I won't even go there right now

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Joining a new religion after being a lifetime JW would be like......

Getting your Willie caught in the Zipper..

Twice..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Breaking through a prison wall into the next cell, does not make one an expert in escapology. (James Thomas)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Finding your way through a bowl of treacle...

Loz x

• chickpea
    chickpea

i hear ya!

i have gone organizational with
    my personally held beliefs as
    they relate to social justice issues,
    but i am done with anything that
    calls itself a religion...

i have been to one "service" ...
    UUs were hosting a singer i like

i dont know how many times i actually said
    "i just came for the music"

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

I didn't put myself into the JW trap, but having escaped I'd never willingly put myself into a different one.

• steve2
    steve2

Joining a new religion after being a JW is like swapping blind spots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit