Anyone currently attending a Kingdom Hall in Stockton CA?

by Expanded-Mind 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Hello!

I just googled Kingdom Halls in Stockton CA and it appears there are several. Anyone go to any of these halls? I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the Witnesses in this area. Are they more open and less conservative than they are (possibly) in the midwest?

I have relatives that go to one of these halls (moved from the midwest) and am hoping that maybe they are in a hall that will be liberal and maybe they will eventually open up to learning the truth about the organization.

Any information you can supply will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Expanded-Mind

(PS: I may have some other questions for those who attend one of these halls...)

• carla
    carla

Don't be offended if people don't answer, you are a relatively new poster with only7 post to your name so some may be leary. You know how it is. But, Welcome to the board!

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Why do you believe they would be liberal and open to learning the truth about the organization than any other Kingdom Hall on earth. A cult is a cult they are all cut from the same cloth. Their minds are controlled they are the same as every other JW on earth other wise they wouldn't be JW's...

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I have relatives that go to one of these halls (moved from the midwest)."

Give your relatives time to get the feel of their congregation

and if your on speaking terms, let "them" tell you.

i'd be mindful about asking people which hall they attend.

that's a question a JW troll would think we would be stupid enough to tell.

we are independant thinkers on this board, no longer controlled by the ORG.

i'm a new poster also, newer than you, there are some stimulating talks here

yet you have very little to say. If i'm wrong please forgive me

• wasblind
    wasblind

"(PS: I may have some other questions for those who attend one of these halls...)"

now your really sounding suspicious!!!!!

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Thanks for the welcome, Carla! I haven't posted much recently... have actually been a member for about 7 years but posted under ExpandedMind (without the "-") and forgot my password and didn't know how to retrieve it, so I had to re-register. <smile!> Anyone know how to get your old password? I wouldn't mind getting my old "name" back...

Hi, Zeroday! From my own experience and from reading posts on JWN I've learned that there is some diversity among JW congregations... some congregations are definitely more conservative than others. I do think that there are congregations that aren't as hard-nosed as others... it probably depends on who the elders are in the congregation. My hope is that my relatives are in a liberal hall, one where they may not feel as compelled to submit as strictly to the Society's rules and regulations. Just perhaps they will get a little taste of freedom and start thinking critically and.... hopefully.... have their eyes opened. Who knows? Maybe they are in a hall where even an elder or two are questioning the Society. It may not be likely, but one can hope! <smile!>

Expanded-Mind

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I would not hope to much Expanded-Mind I was a JW for 28 years originally from Southern California to Tennessee and I can tell you I have not so much as ever seen an elder or two question the society...but good luck...

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Hey Wasblind!

I understand what you wrote and thanks... I didn't mean to come across as a "troll"... yikes (but I do understand how my question sounds)!! My question was really meant to get a general feel for what the congregations are like in that area, not for anyone to name a specific hall or give their names.

If there is anyone who is comfortable corresponding via private messaging, I would be glad to give you my information and the names of the people I am inquiring about. Actually I don't know that they go to a hall IN Stockton, just that they live in Stockton, so it may be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I was a Witness for about 14 years and left the organization in the mid-1980's... been out for a while, but still have several family members and many friends who are still in.... so I am continually hoping that they have their eyes opened up and we are able to restore our family times and friendships.

Expanded-Mind

• wasblind
    wasblind

Do you realize that if a person give you to much info about one of these halls

it could put them in a position they are not ready to be placed in. Would you want to

cause a person undue hardship just because you want to know something?

ask your relatives. And if your not on speaking terms with them. then good riddance to 'em

true love amongst your fellowman is looking out for someone else not just your self.

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Hey, Zeroday!

Really? You've never heard of an elder questioning or leaving the organization? If I am remembering correctly, there is at least one (if not more) current elder who posts on this site and I bet there are a ton of former elders who post here. I believe Randy Waters was a Bethel elder (and he posts here) and remember, if a governing body member like Ray Franz can have his eyes opened up, then there is hope for all.

Expanded-Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit