does their text for today make sense to anyone?

by booby 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• booby
    booby

will power - Evidently you hit the nail on the head.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

well said Will Power, short and to the point.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"He never expects more of us than what we can do."

Then how do they explain their constant hounding to pio-sneer? Suppose I get 25 hours a month--which is more than the national average. That is what I can do. However, it isn't going to be long before Brother Hounder is going to start pushing me to auxiliary pio-sneer. Which will only be more than I can do. Whether it is because they want to lock me into putting in 60 hours a month, because I am helping bring up the average and they want me to stop driving up the average for congregation publishers, or both, that is not only expecting what I can do--that is requiring more.

I also fail to see the literal sense in telling us that we must be perfect, as God is perfect. If that were taken literally, since God is able to do anything, why can't we? And, if Jesus is really referring to practicing fully integrated honesty (and the writer got confused because he forgot after more than 40 years), then why can you get disfellowshipped for "apostasy" if you practice fully integrated honesty?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

There are 4,703 occurrences of the word "evidently" on the 2009 WT CD.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I hated days text, most never seem to make any sense with spin that jws put onto scriptures, so no it doesn't.

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

Classic mind control.

• BANE
    BANE

WTW, Why are you being twofaced? Going out in service then calling your Elders hounders.

• agonus
    agonus

"He evidently understood that even imperfect humans can be complete, or perfect, in a relative sense."

Just like the WT has a PERFECT prophetic track record... in a relative sense, of course...

• agonus
    agonus

So the WT expects us to be "relatively perfect"... the same way they are "sort of always right".

• agonus
    agonus

"Evidently relatively perfect"...

"Kinda sorta unimpeachably prophetically virtually unquestionably almost correct-ish"

The "generation" thing is starting to make a lot more sense now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit