Saying goodby on a board is a little weird if you ask me. It's not like you're going to another planet that doesn't have internet access.

by gubberningbody 18 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

That would suck.

In fact, the first thing I do in an alien abduction before I give in to the implants and anal probes is to make sure they're wired to the max. Any "superior" civilization that doesn't have HD plasma and bluetooth can bite me.

• Think About It
    Think About It

One good thing about saying goodbye is that it keeps people from wondering what happened to you. Probably would be better if you just said you were not going to be posting for awhile.

Think About It

• blondie
    blondie

I find that it tends to be temporary. Many lurk again reading interesting posts until a topic draws them out again. JWD will be here for them.

• finding my way
    finding my way

I don't think it's weird. Some people need cites like this only temporarily while they work through leaving or feelings from leaving.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Still. Imagine saying goodby to the person in the next cubicle.

You can pretend they aren't there and you aren't either, but you are anyway, you just have other stuff to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHPikUPlRD8

• finding my way
    finding my way

deep thoughts.. ;) I'll try reading this again after a glass of Vino

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Relationships develop here - even if just in posts. When someone who posts alot suddenly 'disappears', their absence is felt.

For some, it can be unsettling to have these posters leave without notice. It can feel like abandonment - and that's painful when the same person is also dealing with possible shunning issues.

Most 'good-bye' threads make me a little sad. But happy that they are moving on with their respective lives.

-Aude.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I spoze so Aude... My ADD keeps me from noticing a lot of items on the shelves that don't immediately face me.

On the other hand, the "goodbye" thing suggests that others are "stuck" in a room somewhere, like the play "No Exit".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIJvcWkVcs

• I quit!
    I quit!

It's like dieting.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

If people are going to go off either permanently or just for a while I like it that they tell us...its polite and stops people worrying and wondering ...

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit