Silliness

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

GEE!!! Where is he?

Badboy was the best!

• four candles
    four candles

Now, I've noticed a tendency for this programme to get rather silly. Now I do my best to keep things moving along, but I'm not having things getting silly. Those two last sketches I did got very silly indeed, and that last one about the bed was even sillier. Now, nobody likes a good laugh more than I do...except perhaps my wife and some of her friends...oh yes and Captain Johnston. Come to think of it most people likes a good laugh more than I do. But that's beside the point. Now, let's have a good clean healthy outdoor sketch. Get some air into your lungs. Ten, nine, eight and all that.

• minimus
    minimus

WTF r u talking about??

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Silliness is so good to lift the spirits.

• minimus
    minimus

There was a time you couldn't be silly here without getting done in by the powers that were. Now, we're MUCH more relaxed! There are plenty of threads about nothing (similar to Seinfeld, the TV show), but you enjoy the banality of it all. Silliness in small doses is fun.

• changeling
    changeling

I often "get my sillys out" on this forum... :)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Touching on what UnderCover said - and taking it off in a slightly different direction...

I think that silliness is a good way to WARD OFF cult thinking!!! The WTBTS doesn't tolerate any silliness - other than their own insane dogma. I guess they're afraid that people indulging in relaxing silliness might develop the ability to discern THEIR silliness - which the WTBTS is DEADLY serious about...

So, having said that, I'm going to indulge in some silliness!! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!

silliness

• minimus
    minimus

Zid---well said!

You're supposed to be "serious". It's a "qualification" for elder.

• ziddina
    ziddina

(Couldn't resist adding this...)

• minimus
    minimus

A dancin' pussy cat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit