Eternal life for flesh and blood creatures

by donny 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

I think most people confuse physical death with spiritual death. Same with life. I think that's where a lot of confusion comes in.

Tammy

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Immortality in the sense of this thread is not "inability to be killed" but rather "death is unnatural." Even angels who live forever are not immortal in the "can't be killed" sense yet death is unnatural for them. They are like Tolkien's Elves, and so are the Dub version of Adam and Eve. They could die but wouldn't die naturally as long as they remained in God's favor.

• changeling
    changeling

According to JW teaching, animals are lesser creatures and die, where humans were not meant to. They also teach that animals are not subject to Adamic sin, which means that the animal kingdom is "perfect". Other than the negative effects the environment and humans have had on animals, they are pretty much just how they were "created" to be.

This was always my argument when it came to animals in the New System no longer eating flesh. If they are "perfect" as they are now, with many of them being predators. why would they need to be changed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit