Let's compile the 10 most...

by MrFreeze 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Let's compile the 10 most most flawed teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses and provide sound reasoning and references as to why they are so flawed. This way we can all have this thread as a reference when it comes to disputing what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. We can make this a community project. I personally don't have all the reference material needed or even the knowledge in my head compiled to even get started on this but I'll give you several majorly flawed JW teachings to start with:

The Blood Issue

Disfellowshipping

144,000 people go to heaven

List of false prophecies

Jehovah's name added to New Testament

Conflict of God's love and his justice (As in since there are 1 Witness to every 1,000 people in the world, for every 1 Witness saved 1,000 would die at Armageddon)

The Organization acting as God

New Light

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Let's try to fill this in.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

The MOST flawed? Three words: jehovahs going to....

He is busy isn't he? What with writing his novel and all. Douche.

• agonus
    agonus

For me, the most obvious is "New Light." Until they put a cap on it, literally every "truth' is subject to obsolescence at a moment's notice.

• dgp
    dgp

Pick any ten, and the rest are flawed as well.

• agonus
    agonus

Second has to be the guys on the GB. Seven billion people on the planet, and THESE guys are the ones the Almighty picked to lead us out of darkness? The God who gave us the preternaturally compelling, charismatic, and wise Jesus of Nazareth can now do no better than the preternaturally charmless Losch and Splane?

• agonus
    agonus

I mean, at least men like Rutherford or Jaracz were compelling in their ability to inspire universal loathing, while the current crop of damp squibs inspire an incomprehensible apathy.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The Organization acting as God

Or speaking for Him. Toss that one you're left with a bunch of babbling idiots.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

That child molestation victims must have two witnesses in order for the elders to take action against the molester.

That battered women should be better wives,

That rape victims must scream, don't have to scream, must scream,(what is the rule his year?), in order to be found not guilty of fornication.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The concept that it is absolutely imperative that we use Gods personal name.

Even though god chooses not to reveal to us how to pronounce that name.

And we must use the name "jehovah" in substitution for that unknown name.

Yeah, that makes sense

• wobble
    wobble

The doctrine that Jesus chose the Ratherfraud Criminal Gang in 1919 on the basis of what they were teaching at the time.

i.e Pyramidology etc all courtesy of the looney Vol.7 of " Studies in the Scriptures."

If a Witness taught any of this today he/she would be DF'd by the Elders on behalf of Jesus, to" keep His congregation clean", the same Jesus who approved of those ("dirty") teachings in 1919.

Yeah that makes sense too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit