Wonderful weekend of wtiness activity!

by gutted 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• gutted
    gutted

Saturday - Wake up with a big smile on my face, cause hey, it's field service time! Yay! Spend approx. 1.5 hours sitting in the back of a van, getting out to tag along for 2 RVs.

Go to friends boring JW wedding. No dancing, no booze, home from reception by 9pm.

Sunday - Argue with my mom over issues with Watchtower doctrine, high control aspects, am called "evil" and "satan". Promise myself to not getting heated about it again, but only to use tactful questions next time (I hope). Go to meeting, but they only have watchtower study. Find out friend was not allowed to give talk by elders because of "inapproriate comments" he made during his wedding speech.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Find out friend was not allowed to give talk by elders because of "inapproriate comments" he made during his wedding speech."

Tell us more about these inappropriate comments, that sounds juicy! Oh, and welcome!

• undercover
    undercover
    Go to meeting, but they only have watchtower study. Find out friend was not allowed to give talk by elders because of "inapproriate comments" he made during his wedding speech.

That does sound juicy. Can you imagine the gossip going around that congregation right now. They could have done better damage control by having another brother give a talk but instead they just cancel it, giving everyone reason to talk about it.

Here's the even funnier thing.... someone's going to get in trouble at a JW wedding even when there was no booze or dancing.

• gutted
    gutted

The inapproriate comments were bad jokes that bombed, one was about MJ passing away... yes this guy sticks his foot in his mouth but he really did it this time. But I never thought it was that bad, just some lame jokes but as we know JWs are counseled on being "dignified" when giving speechs at weddings, here is proof of what happens if you don't follow things strictly.

It really pissed me off, what a bunch of uptight asses.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Was it something like...

"The local JCPenney gets haunted by the ghost of Michael Jackson every time they advertise the sale "Boys' Pants - Half Off"

• steve2
    steve2
    Saturday - Wake up with a big smile on my face, cause hey, it's field service time! Yay!

Just on the quiet: In some countries, you would be assessed as certifiably mad if this were your genuine, heartfelt reaction to waking up on Saturday. I hope the medication continues to work. But you seem seriously bored. How long do you think you'll wait until you allow yourself some "normal" fun?

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Lol, I remember those Saturday mornings of fun in the back of a van (not in that "if this van starts a rockin" sort of way) but stuck for the morning thinking of theocratic small talk while you take your turn "round robin" style piling out when it is your turn to take a door.....so bored waiting anxiously for break time or for someone to say they want to make a few RV's so you can relax and count down the time.

Sorry Gutted,

maybe next saturday you can sleep in

Have a better week!

CHG

• yknot
    yknot
    Go to meeting, but they only have watchtower study. Find out friend was not allowed to give talk by elders because of "inapproriate comments" he made during his wedding speech.

What?

You got some lazy-ass bastard for elders!

I mean come-on it is just an introduction and wrap up...the rest is freakin outline!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think the FS part was meant with sarcasm but he forgot the emoticon at the end. .......If not then he NEEDS a good slap.

Personally I HATE JW weddings with a loathing...

Cheers

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember the weeks being full of witless activity, too. I worked evenings including weekends, so I didn't do much Saturday field circus. But, it was still a waste of my free time to have to get up Wednesday and Friday morning after they know I had off for the boasting session, and waste 2 1/2 hours a day out in field circus doing the same houses that were done 50,000 times before and will be done 50,000 times in the near future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit