Resurrection, Oops! Insurrection

by snowbird 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'd like to see mine really happen... Thrusting their contradictions into their faces would be much more effective, in my opinion, than noisy and/or violent displays of emotion...

ESPECIALLY since the WTBTS has, in essence, FORBIDDEN the average JW to do ANY research in the older literature...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Some situations call for in-your-face tactics.

I would really like to see both happen.

Wouldn't mind participating in either.

Syl

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yes, "In-your-face", but with style... Using the MOST potent weapon against them - THEIR OWN WORDS!!!

That's why I don't think the "rushing the stage" schtick would be very effective... But standing at the entrances, with signs/placards with THEIR OWN WORDS on them - that's the sort of "in-your-face" information that might get thru to the average Witness...

Especially if the protesters were dressed like the Witnesses... Blend in and stand out at the same time... Get in step with that ol' cognitive dissonance and then slip your message thru...

• snowbird
    snowbird

I agree with the blend in part, then, someone gives the signal, and all Hades breaks loose!

That'll fix 'em!

Syl

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, Sylvia, why don't you get a few former JWs together and try an experiment...

Pick two JW events that have approximately the same number of people attending and the same venue. Then try my technique first [since it would be less likely to cause the JWs to mount some sort of 'defense' in the area of the meeting/circuit assembly/district assembly...], and then give your method a try at the next comparable JW gathering...

Let me know what you think of the JW responses after each protest. Which one garnered the most thoughtful looks, as opposed to the most scandalized looks...

It would be REALLY helpful if you know some 'conscious' JWs on the inside - get their responses, find out how the 'active' JWs viewed both protests...

When in doubt, experiment and observe the results. Then go with whatever action produces the best - or most desired - set of results...

Zid

P.S. This is exactly what I do when trying out new fabric, pattern, etc., in my sewing room...

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It would be REALLY helpful if you know some 'conscious' JWs on the inside - get their responses, find out how the 'active' JWs viewed both protests...

I hear ...

I'm thinking ...

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

The demonstrators appeared to have disguised themselves as reporters. They may have been wearing press badges and several of them were dressed up or wearing suits and ties.

This was taken from a report about the protestors who interrupted the testimony of Donald Rumsfeld before the Senate on the abuses of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib. I was totally intrigued by their tactics. Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

This appears a bit too tame.

Syl

• ziddina
    ziddina

I LIKE the idea of disguising oneself as a reporter.... But I suspect there would be repercussions, down the road... Could lead to some misunderstandings between the WTBTS PR department and REAL reporters, not that I would ever wish that THAT would happen...

I agree; the photo of the protestors looks a bit too tame. They all look so COMFORTABLE, not dressed in those hot, stuffy suits with ties that the WTBTS insists the male JWs wear - even when AWAY from convention events... And the women - no hot, scratchy NYLONS??? How - PAGAN!!

But, how would it look if all the protestors were wearing suits and dresses?? With very serious expressions on their faces??? And the placards/signs were printed in letters large enough to read quickly from a distance of - say, 40 feet to 65 feet???

Dunno... I've never figured out how to get thru that thick-headed, hypocritical state of self-deluding denial that most 'active' Witnesses seem to have between their ears...

Good luck... Lemme know what you come up with - via PM, perhaps, as we presently have some trolls skittering through the woodwork onboard...

Zid

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Good luck... Lemme know what you come up with - via PM, perhaps, as we presently have some trolls skittering through the woodwork onboard...

Gotcha!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit